Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I was kinda worried by the title of this thread, "quick and dirty mind", until I realized that it was a quick and dirty way to make a mind PM, but thats probably cuz I have a dirty mind.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2006-10-25 07:45 ]</font>
    Street Fighter IV: Chun Li, Ryu
    King of Fighters XII: Terry, Kim, Kyo
    BlazBlue: Litchi, Noel

On 2006-10-25 07:44, Lorsavasus wrote:
    Unfortunately I'm having a hard time getting my mind around the concept. Does the 450 actually attack enemies (thusly POW being good) and has the really great benefit of being able to heal you? Otherwise if it only heals, wouldn't a greater MIND stat be better?

And as far as synthing goes, what sort of difference does the PM make? What'll be the difference between the 450 you just explained (good fighter weaponry) vs. a dedicated POW PM?
    The four individual stats have no influence on battle efficiency. However, the points in Technic (= 'MIND') allow for the PM to become a 450, which would heal the player in combat.

Style-bot Model No. 101

Wait, so all battle-ready PMs have the same basic stats on the field? The four stats that we level up only affect synthisizing and how your PM evolves?

Elitist hybrid. Merged classes can be pricks too!

Level 55 now. The method works.

It turns out that 1 star FO weaps from the shop actually do work out cheaper than regene too, but it will not raise your PM as fast.

1 star FO weap= +4 to mind, -1 pow, 350 meseta.
    Regene= +9 mind, -2 pow, 1000 meseta.

Wuts a good PM for:

1. Fortecher
    2. Fortegunner
    3. Fortefighter
    4. Figunner

good guide

Eats alot of Ramen!

On 2006-10-24 17:12, -Shimarisu- wrote:
    Here's how to make the fastest and cheapest mind PM, the most useful PM in battle for a melee character as it'll heal you. This PM is not recommended for FO characters trying to synth weapons, as it will have lowish mind at level 80 compared to a more pure PM, but it's exceedingly useful for HU characters who want a constant resta.

This method will result in a level 80 mind PM in minimum 5 days if you feed it on the dot every 12 hours. Get saving those dimates, you're going to need them.

1. Start with a fresh PM, nothing fed to it.
    2. Feed dimates til its POW stops just short of 10. Dimates and other 2 star items have the best pow/mind ratio (3:1). Other items are worse for mind. Also, dimates are cheap. Look in the player shops of force characters.
    3. When the pow stops short of 10, feed any low rarity wands or rods you've picked up, also regene from the shop. Regene is the cheapest 2 star tech at 1000 meseta as opposed to 1500, and will raise mind by 9.
    4. Do this til level 20. Your stats are now 9/0/11/0 and you should have a GH-202.
    5. Remember the 3:1 POW/MIND ration of dimates? Feed dimates to level 50, and regene/FO weaps to lower pow as soon as it starts hitting close to the 31 mark. Your stats are now 29/0/21/0 and you have a GH-202. If at any point your pow gets too high and looks like it's teetering on the 31 mark, you can lower it with a regene or FO weaps.
    6. Again, another 30 levels are needed to 80, and another 10 levels on mind to evolve to the mind PM, GH-450. Dimates can continue to be fed up until this level, alternating with FO weaps and regene, making your stats 50/0/30/0 which will evolve the PM to the mind PM quickly, and the cheapest you can manage.

Some more tips:

It helps to play at FO for the 5 days you're doing this, to save up on dimates. Even if your final character will not be using the FO class.

If at any point the pow rises close to 10 between 0-20, 31 between 20-50 or 51 between 50-80, feed regene/FO weaps to lower it.

Your final PM will have a good POW stat. It can be used to synth up POW weaps for your HU character until you start making the cash for a purer POW PM on another character.

Furthur update:

Fo weaps made from lvl 1 characters in your spare character slot lower pow by just 1, but raise mind by 4. It takes a lot of time to farm them, but they can be used as top ups if you're desperate.

If you farm the B rank green forest on Neudaiz on lucky days when you have stars next to your character name, 4 star FO weaps will drop. These currently sell in player shops for 2000-3000 meseta on JP, making them double the price of regene. They raise mind by 16. Worth farming rather than buying, IMO.

In fact, if you farm Neudaiz areas, more FO weaps will drop than anything else.

Later you can BUY FO weaps from other peoples' player shops for less time taken meseta wise than it'd cost to farm them. You can also synth them cheaply - 2 star weaps are the best method.

MORE ADVICE!:

CHECK NEWMAN SHOPS FOR DIMATES! They naturally don't need em, so I'm seeing prices of 20 and 3 meseta.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-10-24 18:29 ]</font>
    What is POW and when you say stop short of 10 do you mean teh strking level hits 9?

Eats alot of Ramen!

Bump and extra question.

You can only feed your PM so many times? and then the next time you can feed it is 12 hours?

To settle some confusion:

JP US
    POW == Striking
    DEX == Range
    MND == Tech
    DEF == Armor

Saiphos & Sydonia PSU360

Just wanted to say thank you so much for the guide. I got my 450 this morning.

Excuse the crappy pic, I'm on 360 and my camera sucks.

Awesome guide. Awesome posts.

I made a mistake though... I gave my PM a Bow early on and it boosted my Range/Dex stat >_<

Anyone know an item that might lower that stat and boost my Striking/Pow or Tech/Mnd instead?