View Poll Results: I've noticed on my hunter, and even often as a force, that a lot of Forces don't really heal - thoug

Voters
169. You may not vote on this poll
  • Forces should be on top of healing

109 64.50%
  • Forces should only heal when asked

21 12.43%
  • Don't expect a Force to heal at all

39 23.08%
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

On 2006-10-29 07:25, Saigan wrote:
    Any Force who isn't willing to heal shouldn't be playing network mode. I saw this time and time again on PSO where FOs wanted to do damage instead. Nukers should stick to manaburn parties or soloing. For a team to perform its best everybody must contribute. Nuke until someone's health drops then go heal them. It isn't hard.

And yes, I was a FO on PSO and am again on PSU. Heck once debuffs come out I'll just use those to tag and then stalk my team with Resta and Reverser.

EDIT: Every team I've been in has said "you're the best Force I've played with." Oh- and another thing, tagging with a nuke and then waiting on healing folks is an excellent way to conserve PP instead of draining your rods trying to outdamage a HU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saigan on 2006-10-29 07:28 ]</font>
    Dude you cant tell people what they can and cannot do if your too cheap to buy mates and too lazy to heal yourself then you deserve to die. Fos are the best DD in the game later on. This isn't ffxi or wow.

I reckon forces should have the healing thing down. It gets you EXP for resta, and if you have it, flaunt it ;o

On 2006-10-29 08:19, Shrevn wrote:
    Broken Loot system FTL.
    Look this has been a debate since PSO no forces want to stand back and heal (even do they can) simply because the ammount of items they miss out and XP... Another reason why they're the least played class in the game simply because every hunter in the world wants to just pick everything up they find along the way
    I don't think finding stuff is the problem it's the lack of exp you get when you have to heal noobs that don't know how to heal themselves.

On 2006-10-29 08:20, DMG wrote:
    Loot can be set in order or random now. I won't even join FFA games anymore.
    apparently not meseta which is still broken. If they would just SIMPLY bother to see warcraft anyone who picks up money is split into however many ppl are in ur group makes it so much fair and easier

Our group's pet force doesnt heal unless he is hurt, which is fine. I dont get hit unless he is fixin to and then its usually gone wrong anyways, so I still get the free heal. He will throw one down if its asked for, but otherwise, its not a focus of his at this moment as hes more useful clearing things than being a heal bot. The ONLY thing we ask him to do asap is take care of debuffs, otherwise, hes free to do as he wants.

Badass Billionaire Extraordinaire

Once your resta hits 11, it's no longer an issue about healing range.

Common sense dictates that if you're far away from the force and monomates drop very often in every stage, which they do, use a damn mate if you're low on health. The exception is if the stage is easy, in which case low health is not a liability.

At level 11 your range is wide enough to throw out a heal inbetween techs. It's only an issue if everyone is all over the place, in which case they should just use a mate. It's not worth costing the team S rank so you can save a mate and steal the kill. Everyone should use common sense when playing and do what is best for achieving S rank and the team. If you're low level doing ass damage and the FO is obviously doing 10x your damage, try not to be a liability and wait for heals if you're far away.

If I go full support and run to everyone who needs heals, my exp gets cut in half per run. I can usually tag twice with RA before things start dying in a room, and thats in C rank. If the stage requires a lot of healing, chances are the team can't kill the enemies that fast, so I can tag everything then heal as needed. You just gotta play according to the stage.

I don't expect a Force to heal me unless it is absolutely necessary. If I am a Force myself, I will heal when *I* deem it is necessary for the best of the party - and depending on the behaviour of people in that party. At a boss, or if we're in way over our heads, I'll typically switch mostly to healing.

If you constantly find yourself in need of being healed and are bitching about Mates (and the area is otherwise suited to your level), you either suck or you chose the wrong class. Forces aren't here to serve you. They're here to have fun, just like you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Callous on 2006-10-29 09:18 ]</font>

crazy devil

If I like you, Ill heal you, If not Too bad

You can get 20 monomates for 1000

That is 200,000 HP worth of healing for 1k meseta

If that is too much for you, learn how to get hit less, dodging, kocking people off thier feet, useing long range weps. There is no reason for a force to be a healer class for no other reason than he wants to.

I apprecaite FOs who heal when they can because i know how hard it is in PSU to use resta over and over. it's just too much, healing a party and then finding time to attack still.

Then again with two FOs in your party, one committed to healing, it makes things alot easier, I never once used a mate, because i had a FO who was backing us, it wasn't like i was getting damaged but when i got hit, "bam" full health. It was amazing.

Then again, as a FO in a party, and even as party leader, you feel that you're baby sitting...

I like to think of it this way: if someone ends up dying, everyone loses out. I try to heal everyone simply because that improves the chances of getting S rank. However, I'm not a fan of people who beg for heals. I give heals without anyone telling me, but if someone orders me around, I'll probably be a lot less likely to heal.

But at the same time, if I fail to heal, use a damn mate. I can't be on top of healing all the time.

At any rate, Resta is sadly the easiest thing for me to target, since I fail at magic spam D: I wish the Z-target locking worked for Rangers and Forces too. So annoying.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SiegeV on 2006-10-29 09:44 ]</font>