Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Solo Tip!

What happens if NPC or PM's die?

NPC or PM deaths count against your score....thus the main reason why most dont take their tutors with them.

Edit: Oh forgot to mention that there are more NPCs coming up in the first expansion coming out soon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AngelLight on 2006-11-02 07:41 ]</font>

On 2006-11-02 06:46, AngelLight wrote:
    Well yeah for right now all players have at best, access to two NPCs only....your PM and your Tutor.....so if you're a beast, it's Leo. If you're a Newman, it's Ms. Shidow (The Chick with the glasses and the fishnets leggings). If you're a human, it's Hyuga (the pretty boy with the Flippant Hairdo). I'm not 100% sure about CASTs, but I think it might be Lou for them.
    I saw that and was very upset, i was hoping it was ethan. that would be very int eresting running around with ethan waber, dont you think?

There's a reason why it's not Ethan....it has to do with the first expansion.

Along with the first new online mission update you'll be able to get Leia Martinez's Partner card.

Gives 1 EXP.

In my experience, Lou isn't actually that bad of a NPC partner.

While she starts with a rifle, she quickly switches over to either a twin saber or double saber, which she'll advance to 21+ PAs with once she hits about 31 (so when you're 2. She wears good armor, and even has an SUV (the forward firing gatling gun). Granted she's a complete idiot about when to fire the SUV, but apart from that she'll fight effectively enough if you get her to work on a single target.

She's actually quite powerful and durable, especially with the double-saber PA. I always take her along if I'm going it alone, and it helps a bunch. The only time I've had to ditch her mid-mission to avoid her death was going through the blasted temple, for obvious foie-chucking and suicide-exploding robot reasons.

but how do u add the npcs?

in leader right before starting a mission?

Well Maya sucks hard imo....she'll sit there, crossbow in hand and look all pretty while she gets ganged up on by 3 or 4 mobs at once. Then should she still be alive, she'll scream "Everyone Scatter!" and STILL just stand there while she's getting wailed on......maybe after 6 or 7 secs of this she'll FINALLY decide to shoot her dinky crossbow at stuff once for pittily damage before standing around some more waiting for her paddling at the hands of the same guys.

Yeah.....AI sucking doesn't begin to describe how useless NPCs are from my experience but again, I've not used Lou before so who knows.

When you're forming your party, just send an invite to the NPC's partner card (they should be at the top of your list).

Soul Searcher

i know the npcs arent very smart and can be a liability, but so far i've found the havind maya shidow (who is a force) is somewhat useful if you cant seem to get one to group with. now dont rely on her to heal you all the time but she can save you some mates.