Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

I play PSU to the PS2. A online friend of mine was playing in a game that he was the leader of. He was battling De Ragan when a player named type B came in and made him and his party go to their rooms. They dont know how he did it but after he sent them all a message s calling them a "B". He didnt erase their game or anything and my friend thinks he may have done it my his PC, and im sure if he knew how to do that it can only get worse. What is SEGA doing about hackers and ppl who are trying? I would like for this matter to be handled as soon as possible. Hackers mess up the game for players who really like their accounts.
    TEAM >EP3< FTW!!

Right I should of mentioned that he never had their cards when he sent them this mail calling them a "B"
    TEAM >EP3< FTW!!

Moon Hunters Guild O.G.

I heard of this incident from a player in that party who is a friend of mine. He also mentioned said hacker somehow ended up with his meseta.

what does SEGA plan to do about this? Does anyone know? like are they handling it month by month, week by week.
    TEAM >EP3< FTW!!

On 2006-11-03 11:30, DiasFlac wrote:
    what does SEGA plan to do about this? Does anyone know? like are they handling it month by month, week by week.
    Well, judging from the lack of support that Sega/Sonic Team gave the US/EU servers back in PSO, don't be surprised if they don't do anything this time around...

On a somewhat similar note, I heard the exact same story from two seperate people tonight: there was a group of people who went up like 10 levels in 2 hours (and I mean 37-47, not 1-10), and people in their game were fighting NOTHING but rappys as every enemy. Yeahhhhhhhh.

Depending on how exactly people are doing these, it may or may not be something Sega will correct, and how quickly. The rappy/level thing sucks, but isn't harmful per se since the level cap is fairly low anyway, and you're not going to get anything of value from Rappys besides feathers, which is kinda pointless. The OPs example is definetely bad, although this is the first of anything like that I've heard.

Also remember you can report these things directly to Sega now, which is a step in the right direction. Sega seems set on making PSU a long time thing, and it's in their best interest to fix the problems they can to keep people paying as long as possible. Exact link here: http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/support_contact.php

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SailorDaravon on 2006-11-03 23:26 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SailorDaravon on 2006-11-03 23:27 ]</font>

Oh, great. I don't even have the game yet, as I will wait for the EU version, and already I am getting the feeling I will never even have to think about taking it online.
    Good thing there is more offline content than on PSO, so at least I will have a reason to get it anyway.

I do hope ST will be more active in patching this up. I am not looking for another hell like PSO ended up. Especialy not if it all starts within 2 weeks of release!

Unless someone with some authority could tell me this one is a hoax.....oh, please do!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2006-11-04 13:08 ]</font>

It is highly possible the game has already been hacked...
    Nugz has already made some offline hacks public which I think are for the JP PC version. Other than that, nothing is else public that I know of.

As for the problems stated in this topic...
    They COULD be the effects from hacks but at the same time, remember PSU is still pretty new and I read somewhere that there have been a few glitches found...
    Nothing like FSOD or anything though...
    The best thing you can do for now (unless you wish to anti-hack), is to use the link in SailorDaravon's post ( http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/support_contact.php ) which may or may not have any effect.

there was a japanese dude who had givin out copys of the psu pc virsion. I know about it because of hakers and I know that it has already been sliced open and will continue to be sliced open...

as long as there is people who know the language of code there will always be hakers and haker problems.. there is no real way to get rid of them realy...

and unless sega wants to spend alot of cash (wich im sure they don't) to hire someone who is realy handy and good with stuff like this, there will be no way to ensure these types of problems from ever happening..

I have heard from hackers that sega does not realy have very good people on there team or well as they say they are "Idiots"

I am no hacker by any means but I know that if you dont want to deal with it than get away from the online play I guess, because there will always be hackers.

I seriously wonder, why is it that people just HAVE to misbehave whenever they get the chance? Why do they have to ruin things for others? Why can't they just leave other people be?
    It seems I can already stop doing the readup on PSU, before I even have it......