On psupedia it has charts for grinding and it lists "high" "very high" "certain" etc. But for certain things like luck level 3 grinding C rank weapons from 3 to 4 grind all of the grinders have "very high" probability for success. Does that mean they all have the same chances for success or are they just similiar chances that fall within certain parameters?
    link to said chart.
    http://www.psupedia.org/index.php?title=Weapon_Grinding

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Neo187H on 2006-11-03 22:20 ]</font>

i'd imagine that they're about the same but higher grinders have a higher chance.

i'd HOPE that it wouldn't matter tho D:
    Even in death i still serve

I believe its within a range. The "very high" actually refers to what the npc says when you talk to them. They actually say "This appears to have a very high chance of succeeding" or if its "high" they might say something similar to "This appears to have a high chance of succeeding".

But it seems like "very high" might actually be 90-99% or 80-99%, like an actual range.

I do know it goes No chance of failure -> Very High -> High -> 50/50. So, assuming that 50/50 is the range of say... 40%-59%, it would make sense that "high" would be 60%-79%, and very high would be 80-99%.

Then very low and low could be 1-19% and 20-39%. This is assuming they're all equally broken up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2006-11-03 23:07 ]</font>

Because of how synthing works I feel that each description notes a range and that higher level grinders do matter even if they fall within the same range. Testing this would require more mesata and time than I'm willing to invest.