Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    The Almighty Guy Who Kills Stuff

I'm not sure I agree that certain enemies are really more likely to drop certain "common" rares like Flowen's Replica... for example, I'm a level 50 GREENILL, so in theory i should be seeing some decent rifles. But the best rifle I have ever found is a 0/15/0/25 Visk, and those are also some of the best photons I've seen on rifles. I have never even glimpsed any rare partisans, swords, mechguns, slicers, canes, wands, staves, or shots. I think it's pretty much totally random with 9 star caliber rare, and I have just happened to have really bad luck. My brother, a YELLOWBOZE, has had even worse luck; the only rares he has found are DB's, Varista, Blade Dance, and Battle Verge. On the other hand, I think that 10 star+ items as well as odd-type weapons like double sabers and brave knuckles are indeed dropped from specific enemies. I have had two dark gunners in the same room drop secret gear. I've heard from a lot of people (myself included) who have received a double saber from Barba Ray on Hard/V. Hard, and it did seem a bit odd when I got brave knuckle from the hard mode dragon. This is really just a guess, but I think each boss probably has only one or two rares they can possibly drop. I guess that's all I have to say about this... if you're reading this and you are abotu to reply because there is some terrible flaw in my logic, I'm already aware that I'm basing my ideas on absolutely nothing but personal experience, so just don't mention it... BTW, does anyone understand what I mean by Mood: The Breakfast of Champions?

On 2002-11-18 07:54, blue-hawk wrote:

NOT TRUE! NOT TRUE! LIES! LIES!
    im an oran and i never saw those in hard untill the mines and ruins.
    Please tell me you're being sarcastic.

Items are all over the place now. You don't just find them in one location anymore, or with one specific ID. Here's some examples: I found a DB's Saber in Skyly Hard Forest off a Savage Wolf. Later down the line I found another in Skyly Hard Ruins off a Claw. Elysion did the same thing to me. I found one in Oran Hard Ruins off a Chaos Bringer. Later, I found another in Oran Very-Hard Forest from Al Rappies. I can tell you one thing... cataloging all the item drops in this version is going to be murder.

Well, just to add the the REDRIA list... (I feel your pain)

Garanz = DISKA OF BRAVEMAN

Forest (V-HARD):

Hildebear = CUSTOM FRAME ver 00
    Hilbeblue = Cure/Shock
    Al Rappy = DISKA OF BRAVEMAN

Caves (V-HARD):

Nano Dragon = DOUBLE SABER
    Poufilly Slime = ANGRY FISTS
    Pouilly Slime = Devil/Technique
    Poison Lily = Magic Rock "Moola"
    Nar Lily = God/Body
    Pan Arms = God/Arm
    Boxes = VARISTA

Feet kicking tail shaking head dancin rappy!

Im redria and I must say that list is pretty correct.I've found almost all of that listed from those enimies listed.

Just as a note, I found a CLUB OF LACONIUM from a Barbarous Wolf in Hard mode.

Full-Support FOmarl since Dreamcast PSO ver. 1
    Crown Princess by birth--Empress Regnant by destiny.

The Almighty Guy Who Kills Stuff

Nothing VulpesMundi said was true. While 10+-star weapons are slightly easier to find, the 9-star weapons are about 4 times more rare. And as for specific locations and ID's, your ID does indeed make it easier to find certain rare items in certain specific places.

Section ID does help in finding certain 9star rares, b/c I'm Bluefull and I currently have found many Vjayas over any other 9star, some with percents. I also have the following 9star Gungirs, which I find very common all over:
    King's
    Tempest
    Burning 0-0-0-30
    Chaos

I have also tech'd up a Gush Raygun

Man wit da Shiny White teeth!

::Raises his hand:: Um....if playing in multiplayer, does it matter which person kills the monster for the section i.d. theory to work?

Check the tekker on Pioneer 2 to identify the section id. I believe in multiplayer the section id is always that of Player 1.

Flying high in the sky with a fly in your eye.

thats right teamphalanx. i play a lot of multiplayer on my own.... and dont even think about saying something...
    the tekker is always from the player id that made the game. just like online.
    'All tales end in tragedy. Follow the hero long enough, you'll step across his corpse.'
    Survivor of TWO live Gwar performances.