Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/744/744378p2.html

Link says it all. This is for the 360 version though, not sure how much it will differ for PC.

Thoughts on the review? Please take note to actually read the review before letting fanboyism take over.

Reading it again, they were very harsh with the review.
    At the same time they brought up some good points.

Maybe Sonic Team will prove them wrong and actually come out with another planet and alot more missions and things to do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AkiraXxx on 2006-11-06 22:22 ]</font>

Allow me to summarize the review: LOL DIS ISN'T A VRY GUD MMO LULZ, NOT AT ALL LIEK WOW SO IT FAILZ.

Allow me to summarize the review: The lack of variety in gameplay makes this one grow old quickly.

You're looking at the wrong review.

Go to page 1, look at reader reviews

Reader Average - 8.0

130 ratings | 16 reader reviews

So... 130 ratings... versus 1

I'd say 8.0 is more accurate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EC_Subbie on 2006-11-06 22:32 ]</font>

On 2006-11-06 22:26, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
    Allow me to summarize the review: LOL DIS ISN'T A VRY GUD MMO LULZ, NOT AT ALL LIEK WOW SO IT FAILZ.
    Yeah I was surprised they compared it to WoW. Someone earlier said that PSU isnt an mmo but an action rpg. Apparently this game IS an MMO. According to all these reviews being put out.

Hopefully SEGA/Sonic Team will get its ass in gear now that 2 of the largest gaming sites have marked this game as "horrible".

You see, you're missing the point too. PSO/U is not about all the content. It's not about "variety" in gameplay. It's not designed for those things. It's designed to be a fun way to piss away free time with some friends online by beating the snot out of stupid enemies over and over. If you expect it to be anything more, then you will not be satisfied with the game.

On 2006-11-06 22:31, EC_Subbie wrote:
    You're looking at the wrong review.

Go to page 1, look at reader reviews

Reader Average - 8.0

130 ratings | 16 reader reviews

So... 130 ratings... versus 1

I'd say 8.0 is more accurate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EC_Subbie on 2006-11-06 22:32 ]</font>

All the high scoring reader reviews are from previous PSO fanboys. I just posted the actual IGN review, but yeah the reader review section is decent, but at the same time its a bit biased.

Gamespot isn't much better for 360, a little quick to jump the gun I think. They need to review the PC and PS2 versions seperately as well, not just leave them as they are. I really don't get why they're complaining about the online fee... at least they do int he gamespot one.

Maybe because its seperate from Xbox Live or somthing, I don't really know. But, I can tell you, ten dollars for optional online play is better than fifteen for a game that is online only with no optional offline play like some out there. I'm playing through story mode right now myself and they complain about the graphics being dated on some of these reviews, I don't really get it. They are but you know, like Final Fantasy has their unsually good looking graphics in cinematics in parts of their games, the Phantasy Star games that go online have their own look and feel that help make it them what they are.

Despite them saying they're dated, I have to say they look better and smoother than the older versions, and this is coming from someone who played since the Ver 1 on Dreamcast when it came out and moved on through to Blue Burst at one time or another.

I am eager to see the reviews on the non 360 versions, hopefully they will be better. Regardless of what they say though, people who try the game for themselves can see for themselves.

IGN has a tendancy to be harsh on alot of good games, especially in the MMORPG catagory. They seem to look for the seemlessness and attention to detail that can be found in games that are not made for almost pure online play. I've noticed a trend amoung them for that with several games, like some of the EQ2 expansions, Star Wars Galaxies and others. I rely more on the player reviews from their site than anything.

On 2006-11-06 22:33, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
    You see, you're missing the point too. PSO/U is not about all the content. It's not about "variety" in gameplay. It's not designed for those things. It's designed to be a fun way to piss away free time with some friends online by beating the snot out of stupid enemies over and over. If you expect it to be anything more, then you will not be satisfied with the game.

If thats the case why pay 10$ a month to upkeep 3 servers, some free games have way more content then this, and are x5 as massive. Your basicly saying this is an online version of Streets Of Rage correct?