Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    TOASTER HUNTER EXTRAORDINAIR! (DIE CYLONS!)

Not sure if theres a guide for this yet, but I feel at this moment it's time for me to help those in need get this stuff done by themselves.

ATTENTION ATTENTION

Items you will need for grinding

-Grinder B / C + #
    -Grindable Weapon not currently equipt.

Do It Yourself Kit!!!!!

There are a lot of players in the game who either don't know how to do it their self or they have the money to just buy them from player shops.

-First you need to go to Guardian Colony floor 2's Synth Shop (purple door)

-Second you will need to purchase a corrosponding Grinder Synthesis board, ([B] Grinder C 300 / [B] Grinder B 1000) You will find these items from the ladies on the left in the shop.

-Third you will need to aquire grinder base c/b's
    which you can purchase from the ladies on the right in the shop OR you can aquire from player shops...

NOTE:
    Grinder Base C = 100 meseta
    Grinder Base B = 500 meseta

Now Heed my words shop owners. QUIT PUTTING GRINDERS UP FOR MORE THAN THE SHOPS PRICES. NOBODY'S BUYING THEM AND YOUR WASTEING SHOP SPACE!

Ok once you have the synth boards and base's, you need to go back to your room and store the base's in your PM storage and then go down to synthesis and insert the boards you purchased.

Now your ready to make your own grinders!!!!

KEEP IN MIND THAT! Each grinder board has a capacity of 5/5, you can choose to make them 1 at a time or 5 at a time. What you need to know is that if you choose to make 5, they will all come out 5 of the same +# (ex. synth 5/5 grinder base b's = 5 grinder b + 2's / synth 1/5 grinder base b's 5 different times = grinder b + 1, +1, +5, +4, +7)

Once you have your grinder c/b + #'s you can go to an upgrade shop and upgrade your weapons. You will either have to go to the GRM shop in Parum(West district end), the Kesla-Vasla shop on Guardian (2nd floor yellow doors), or the Yohmei shop on Neudaiz (off the terminal, go right and keep going, its back there trust me)

Once at the correct upgrade shop you can start upgrading your weapons.

Select the weapon you wish upgraded, and then choose the desired grinder.

Your first grind SHOULD say No chance of failure, so I recommend to use the lowest quality grinder you have.

Now as you grind your weapons + more and more, the chance of success from your grinding gets less and less. The best results will occur from using high + grinders.

Lastly one thing to note out with grinding is that Luck does play a roll on your success. If you have high luck, +3, your success will be the best possible. This doesn't mean that at +0 luck your gonna fail all the time, just that you won't fail quite as much at +3 luck.
    -if you don't understand luck you can find out on another FAQ or ask players in game.

HOPE THIS HELPS!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wrenlocke on 2006-11-12 20:47 ]</font>

I dont see how anybody didnt know this :/

meh maybe just me.

I appreciated it. I could not for the life of me find where the hell to buy grinder boards, despite searching the synth shop over and over. Thanks!

Well, a guide is a guide. Sticky-listed.
    Continue to correct & update any info to improve it. ;]

Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

It should only say no chance for failure if it's a C-rank weapon....I've had b-ranks with no grinds on them still say "very high" on their 1st try. It's possible that luck may have to do with this, but I'm thinking that 100% success is only for C-Rank stuff.

Thanks for that guide, so when i'll have to go online for the first time, i wont have to ask to everybody how to do that or that ... So thanks.

If your luck is up that day, first grind for a B-wep is %100, and first and second grinds for C.

On 2006-11-13 08:42, AngelLight wrote:
    It should only say no chance for failure if it's a C-rank weapon....I've had b-ranks with no grinds on them still say "very high" on their 1st try. It's possible that luck may have to do with this, but I'm thinking that 100% success is only for C-Rank stuff.
    The first grind of B is garanteed if you have luck 1 or above according to the PSUpedia charts. Which can be found.....here: http://www.psupedia.org/index.php?title=Weapon_Grinding

I would recommend saving the charts to desktop since psupedia.org has a tendency to die on you the second you need info.

<quote>
    Now Heed my words shop owners. QUIT PUTTING GRINDERS UP FOR MORE THAN THE SHOPS PRICES. NOBODY'S BUYING THEM AND YOUR WASTEING SHOP SPACE!
    </quote>

Actually, thats not quite right... Many, many, many, many (MANY!!!) people think that grinder bases, as well as -alot- of other synth items are drop-only and cant be purchased. Grinder base Bs very commonly sell for 700-1000 meseta, especially with the proper advertisement or items in your shop to draw attention to it.. It's a great way to make profit, but I cant say that I really prefer it to just going out and killing crap...

thanks for that guide...i indeed didnt know about these grinders...the problem was that the grinders the upgradeguy asks for have a completly different name in the german PSU version...which is very confusing and you dont know shit bout what he wants from you...that sucks pretty much...but that helped me thank you