This is here to convince you that this is the same guy in new armor.

Like many people, I got attached to the chars I had on PSO and recreated them to the best of my ability on PSU. This was kinda hard to do with a HUcast and impossible with a RAmar. Anyway, here are 2 sketches to see if it is convincing that the PSO guy can be re-armored into the PSU guy.

NOTE
    Ignore shabbyness. Wiggly lines, sketchy crud, ummm arm paint that doesn't match with armor style etc. This is supposed to be a map, not a super finisher item. They're both shown without the head assembly. What are the little fuzzy things all around? Color abbriviations. I didn't clean any of it up.

This is the PSO version. It's in pencil, which the scanner doesn't really like. It has the same pose as the PSU charcreate. I don't know how to get 2 imgs to appear next to eachother on the forum.

Here's PSU ver...the broken lines are contour indicators, and parts of him are clearish to see the body structure under. Having a heck of a time deciding what the 2 things on the top of the forearm are. They're not shaded super well in the game to be like hydraulics or whatever tubes, but then there's the sides of the forearm...it seems a bit of a mess to decide if they're cylenders or not.

Fun Fact:
    It is now somewhat easier to draw casts. In PSO the contour and placement of the armor would change with the color. It was even possible to tell cast/caseal colorings apart in black and white art, if the artist was accurate on the plate structure. You had to make a new turn-around for every diff color you wanted.

Now, the plate structure is always the same, regardless of color. We have more plate variety, which is great--and it's mix-n match, so you still really need only 1 of each to draw inf casts in inf colors.

It works farely well, and judging by some of the images on this website, there will be new Cast Parts that are nearly identical to the old Hucast armor available online within the next few months.
    I really do miss the functional look of the Ramar and Humar wardrobe in PSU though, especially the Ramar's. I still havent gotten to the point where I don't think that all fleshy male characters in PSU are battling evil in their pajamas. I mean, protective neon lights as armor are cool and everything...but are casts really the only race smart enough to figure out the benifits of shoulder pads?

I think they were trying for a more 'casual style' for the humans. These look like civillian clothes for everybody more than something you'd wear on purpose to go into danger with. I mean, HUnewearls always had that problem (it's better now...) but that's just raging human hormones with the developers. Like Ethan, he never got changed into something that wasn't his street clothes to fight Seed, and neither did anyone else. It's like they don't care.

With HUmar and RAmar and RAmarl (and FOmar/FOmarl) at least you knew they were putting on something to compliment their ability whether magical robes or body armor suit type things, even if RAmar backpack was kinda oddball. The good news is that there's a few things coming clothing wise (like the spec-ops-ish suit) that should be more convincing than big poofy pants.

It'll be great to see new armor styles: so far that offline green crabby NPC in Holtes has a good leg style, plating wise. In my opinion a lot of the new stuff leans RAcast, heavily. Hopefully they'll release a nice mix as it goes. The unfortunate bit is, you need a lot of blocky plating because they don't let you body-size like you did on PSO. You'll notice in the drawing that the PSU guy is artificially wider then anyone can really be in PSU.

True about the body size limitations. As much as the char-creation is vastly better than PSO, it still feels akward and limited in the proportions area. Especial trying to creat a char that is built like a linebacker like my old ramar was. He was a bit thick around the middle but broad shouldered and built. You cant really do that in PSU. Giving anyone a bit more meaty midsection in PSU drastically decreases shoulder size, and also makes their torso very long and unfit looking. Thats fine if you want a wimpy looking fatty for a character...but not so good for someone who is just bulky.

Wow, thats some fat RAcasts...without heads either. Well at least they're intimidating...

Hey Good job on the hucasts i just like to say; look at those thighs they could rip a tank apart

....>:3