Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

With the content update this week or next I have a question about the NPC prices for 5, 6 and 7 star armors.

Currently player stores are charging about 130K for a Gigaline and 240-250 for a Teroline shield. 5 and 6 stars respectively.

I'd love to buy a new armor as my Megaline has been with me for nearly 28 levels but these prices seem incredibly high to me based on the following; it takes 6 nanocarbons at 2,500 a piece + photons to make a Gigaline or Zeetline. All in all that means that making armors is a money loser considering the costs of the board, failure rates, photons etc.

I have no problem paying this price now if that's near the cost of an NPC shop but I have the feeling since the boards are so rare now that the price is really high in comparison to what they will be.

Would anyone with the Japanese game be able to list prices for NPC shops for these items so we know what kind of money we may be able to save if we just wait a few days or a week?

Get Ageha-Senba and be done with it. Use it to 50 and then worry about new armor. That's what I did, and it only has 4 less DFP than Gigaline. I don't care for evasion so that 30 EVP extra on Giga doesn't do anything for me.

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

Thank you BloodDragon, that answers that question. Making armors is the BIGGEST ripoff in the game and the biggest fleecing of gamers running around with more money than they know what to do with.

I can't imagine why ANYONE would make armor. It makes no sense.

For those of you interested I'm going to cut and paste the prices for you....

Armor:
    1 star - 1000
    2 star - 2400
    3 star - 6000
    4 star - 18000
    5 star - 45000
    6 star - 95000
    7 star - 210000

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spectral on 2006-11-13 00:58 ]</font>

Funny enough even with something like a 55% chance of success I'm 15/15 on Busterline lol.

5+ star armors are overpriced atm due to the difficulty in making them and the fact theres no NPC's currently selling them.

I understand that is what is driving the price. Especially on something like the Teroline.

However if I've made it this far on a 4 star armor and the current player prices are 2-3 times the prices of NPC shops I can certainly wait until the update to buy my next armor. I just didn't want to make a completely idiotic decision.

Damn, I've spent so much money trying to make a gigaline and it was actually so cheap

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

On 2006-11-13 00:56, Spectral wrote:
    I can't imagine why ANYONE would make armor. It makes no sense.
    To be able to sell it at those inflated prices now since there's no NPC shop out with them as whole finished armor to people who hadn't looked into post update pricing?

And also add Fire resistance or something to those that allow it, heh.

Those prices make my 83 armor PM cry

Honestly they wouldnt be so bad if Nanocarbon dropped everywhere, but putting it only in 1 box, in 1 mission, in 1 map, is a bit stupid, when armor boards themselves drop constantly everywhere

Fuck! And you don't even get one every mission!