I have questions regarding stat growth when class changing is included in the mix.

Heres my scenario:

You create two female newmans. Character1 and Character2. You let chara1 stay as a force and you change chara2 into a hunter. Get them both to character level 10 without gaining any class levels. Now say you want chara1 to class change into a hunter. Will chara1's stats match chara2's?

To be more specific, I want to know if the game calculates the stat changes a character will recieve based on the level when they class change, or does the game calculate the stats based on their growth as if they had been the class they will change to from level 1.

Im having trouble deciding between a Fortefighter and a Figunner. To be a Fortefighter I just have to stay as a hunter. But to be a Figunner I have to switch to a Ranger for a bit. Will the level ups I get as a Ranger be wasted if I changed my mind later?

What job you level up as does not effect your stats

Character 1 and character 2 will both have identical stats after you change 1 to a hunter. Your character's permanent base stats are not shown when you level up, you're seeing your base + class stats.

In your example, #1 is showing lesser ATP growth than character 2, but their base atp is the same, just unseen. When #1 switches to hunter, all the MST and TAP gained from force disappear, leaving you with only #1's base MST and TAP, while gaining the hunter ATP and HP bonus in addition to their base stats.
    Always outnumbered... Never out-gunned.

On 2006-11-13 21:32, VR_Pilot wrote:
    You create two female newmans. Character1 and Character2. You let chara1 stay as a force and you change chara2 into a hunter. Get them both to character level 10 without gaining any class levels. Now say you want chara1 to class change into a hunter. Will chara1's stats match chara2's?
    I believe so.
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

Look under player information -> types list before and after you level up. You can see the stats you would have gained as any other class. They're unrelated. Eg - you might gain, 6ATP, 3ATA, etc.. as a ranger and see you would have gained 10ATP, 0 ATA, etc.. as a hunter. So, yes. Your current class has nothing to do with base level gains.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dire on 2006-11-14 03:37 ]</font>

Thanks for clearing that up everyone, now I can go level up