Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Yes I know. Rider was the character who got me into the anime and the series itself. I wish they did a little more with her in the anime, but not much you can do about it.

As for Saber, she grew on me torwards the end of the anime. I use to just view her as another character but she became one of my faves also.

Elitist hybrid. Merged classes can be pricks too!

I'm so glad I don't understand any of this, and it's somewhat ironic given my reputation.

*runs into topic* I heard someone say the H-word! WHERE'S THE NAKED CARTOON LADIES!?

Ahem... I haven't been able to make any passable characters from anything out of the clothing/hair options available now. Nothing seems really seems to "fit".

I only really liked gilgamesh, rider looked cool but I guess its the anime's fault for not even really delving into who she was.

PSU Machinema Producer

What would be fun is to create a character like Nausicaa and make her a Protranser (human of course) due to her Rifle and Traps she leaves, we're just missing the flyer...

On 2006-11-15 02:19, Zarbolord wrote:
    What would be fun is to create a character like Nausicaa and make her a Protranser (human of course) due to her Rifle and Traps she leaves, we're just missing the flyer...
    Omg I love it, I am going to do it tomorrow! Please don't be mad at me Zarbolord for using your idea. I am glad you thought of it.

I actually named my char. Howl from "Howl's Moving Castle" because *in the book* everytime Sophie saw him, he looked different. And me liking to change my appearence regularly, it seemed fitting.

I was even planning on becoming a Protransfer. So this will make it even cooler..

I just hate being part of the Otaku crowd who is obsessed with anime. I'm not even obsessed, I just like it..

*Not that there is anything wrong with being obsessed with an anime. <.<

A caseal contruction lab, someplace on the guardians colony...

I watched the entire fate /stay night series one weekend, 'cause I saw one of the characters and was like "they look familiar"...

... I'm so glad I did. Good god does it ever kick ass.

Making a Mega Man clone! Check it out! http://gigaguygame.blogspot.com/

If you break it down, even though it may be a reminder, the images of the character you posted are not necessarly original...so ya know you can find a little somthing familiar in everything, but that's a good pointout you made.

On 2006-11-15 02:11, Yoruichi wrote:
    I only really liked gilgamesh, rider looked cool but I guess its the anime's fault for not even really delving into who she was.
    This post is mostly spoilers to the story and anime, Fate/Stay Night. So it's all going to be a big wall of black. If you have seen it or just don't care then read it if you want. I'm not telling everything in it since I would need lots of space to explain everything and everyone.

Gilgamesh was pretty cool but he was one of the main bad guys so he got alot of time in the anime, unlike Rider.

Also Rider never had her true Master in the anime and was never at 100% when she fought. Her not having her true master made her weaker since the one in the anime was an unexperienced spoiled idiot who only had control over her because that book was Rider's command seals and that her original Master ordered her to follow his commands. It was given to him by her original Master who didn't want to be in the war. So that even kind of shortened her time to be explained and expanded on in the anime. If she was stronger then maybe she could've been in more episodes instead of being beaten by Saber so early.

For those curious as to Rider's true Master, it was Sakura. She gave control of her Servant to her brother, but it was never told in the anime.

Each character has a large background, espically the Servants since they are revealed who each are if you go searching for it. So there really is alot more to the story then what the anime has given you. I know in the anime some Servant's true idenity weren't revealed and some could be guessed. If someone is curious though I can tell them who each Servant in the anime really is. There is also more Servants then what the anime has.

I'm telling Rider's here though because she is awesome. Rider's true idenity is Medusa. That's why she wears a blindfold. It's special protection against her Mystic Eyes so everything doesn't turn into stone that gets caught in her gaze. It's used so she can keep control of it and use it when she wants to/when she has enough mana to. That's also the reason where Pegasus comes from since the horse is from the same time.

Also, FSN has changed some of the story background to fit the Servants better or just to change it. Saber is a good example of this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rider on 2006-11-15 06:07 ]</font>

This is true that the anime was taken from the TYPE-MOON PC Visual Novel (soon to be a PS2 editted port with full voice), but I hardly think it lacks in comparison. While I haven't played the entire F/SN game for PC (too many projects going on), I'm aware of that the game has 3 main story branches, and as difficult as it was, the anime was a blend of all 3, without using any of the hentai scenes and that the anime focused more on Saber and Shirou than the other characters.

I personally think the anime was well done and it features some excellent voice acting, with Saber being played by one of my all time favorite seiyuus (Ayako Kawasumi), which is why I'm planning on getting the [Realta Nua] PS2 game.
    I think people would find the anime lacking because some characters were not focused on as much as they were in some storylines of the game. Perhaps what Geneon could had made 3 branches stories in the anime to that in the game. I really think it would be neat to see Saber's alternate side, learn more about Archer, or have Sakura more involved in the Holy Grail War, like what was shown in the game.

Overall, I really loved Fate/Stay Night's story, and it even got me to cry at the end.