Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Well the PS3 will be released tomorrow so we won't have to wait long to know lol but in the magicbox I found the link to the japanese compatibility list. Here's the link for it: http://www.jp.playstation.com/ps3/status/

I searched for PSU, and even the premiere disc is on the list lmao And here's the google translation:

"Item turn: SLPM-66031 * sale day: There is no report that 2006/08/31 to presently in regard to play big hindrance has arisen."

Is it saying it works? lol I don't doubt much that it'll work offline but I'm wondering offline since the PS3 has Wifi (600$ ver) O_o? though I think both versions have an ethernet port so in the worst case you'd use that I guess?
    From PSO Ep 1-4 to PSU, PS0, PSP 1-2, and now PSO2... it's been a long journey.

I honestly couldn't tell you a straight answer, since I'm not looking forward to the first generation of PS3's (meaning the first shipment). Third-gen for me. By then, all the bugs, kinks, and glitches shall have already been fixed, and then I can start going "technical" on it with everyone. Until then, I part you with this:

"So here's this Giant Crab.. You attack its weak point for MASSIVE damage."

Wait a month befor you buy your ps3. The first batch hum and load louder then the xbox360 lol.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDGGGGGGGG GGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

RRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCC CCCCCCEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRR!!!!

Funny story. The Toys R Us I work at (in Canada) only got 3 PS3s. We got 66 Wiis 44 of which are pre-orders, and the other 22 are going on the floor.

My local Best Buy only got 4 PS3s XD
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

Wait, why would you want to pay $500-$600 for a console to play PSU when you can buy one you know will use the same version for $150 or less? You could buy a PS2, PSU and a 6 month subscription and still have enough left over to do it again for your buddy.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

The Yellow Samurai

I personnally will not be interested in the ps3 until the purchase price drops. forking over $800 Cdn (after tax) for a game console just doesn't sit well with me. Especially since I build gaming computers for that price(no monitor or windows).

As for backwards compatablity, it should work considering how close the games release was to the ps3 release, it would be dumb for sega not to push for compatablity.

I'd wait for a pricedrop too. On top of that, the last two generations of Sony consoles have had major defects at first too. I can't name any fantastic launch titles as of recent lately either.

Also, My third eye senses this will degenerate into a console flame war.

Actually, in Ontario it's 750.00 after taxes. Nova Scotia must have a high PST O_o
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

Stupid PS3, costing 600$. I'm not even going to look at one until the pice drops, a couple times. I don't care if PS3 will have the majority of the games I'm going to want in coming years, the problem is (if I didn't already own a 360 that is), that I can buy a Wii AND a 360 for less than a PS3. Screw that.

And the winner of the Maskim holiday shopping for his wife battle isssssssssssssss....Wii, at less than half the cost for sony!

PS: I apologize right now for fanning the flames of...flame war.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maskim on 2006-11-16 13:38 ]</font>
    Always outnumbered... Never out-gunned.

It costs 600 because of the fact that half of the system is a Blue-Ray player. The actual BlueRay player is 1200 alone, and cannot play games. Therefore, if you think about it, that's a damn good deal, EVEN IF we don't care about BlueRay technology. Think about it. We're paying a fouth of the actual price (those who would really get a BlueRay player, that is), for something that's brand new and soon to be epic (so to speak), and it doubles as a PS2 on steroids, +9 grind.

Agreed? I'd like to hope so.