Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I haven't been able to get online with PSU yet (stupid Comcast) but from reading these boards, people don't seem to understand the whole PARTY aspect of this freakin game. In PSO, we ALWAYS managed to split up drops, forces healed without bitching, hunters let other get their hits in, etc. Now maybe these boards are a microchasm of the whole PSU experience, but it just seems like something important has been lost since PSO. Can someone fill me in?!?!?!?!

Master of Ceremonies

Money is harder to get, so people are, for now, more greedy. Only Forces, for the moment, can heal. So people are split three ways between healing normally, doing nothing but healing and not healing at all. It's just noobs.

Meh, minorities in online communities almost always complain the most and the loudest... >.>

Wait... which PSO are you talking about?

Spread Needle 400% native/beast/machine/dark don't exactly let anyone hit anything, while all everyone did was keep doing those EXP quest over and over again with those duped hacked weapons. No need to heal when monster didn't get to move 5 mm. Btw, who cared for drops? Just take a dupe, and meseta were useless.

The only good thing I remember was challenge mode, that was pretty awesome.

Was PSOBB really good to a point that people share drops? omg?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2006-11-18 00:27 ]</font>

well, I guess I might be dating my PSO experience. i was on with the DC version day 1. I am talking about the beginning. Can't comment on PSOBB.

Master of Ceremonies

No one shared, you just didn't know who got what.

it always depended on your team / friends.
    random games with strangers (possibly nubs) on the first block will mostly lack teamplay.
    find yourself some people and you wont even notice there are greedy nubs around.
    unless one of them happens to be your friend *nudges in no particular direction*
    「愛と空の女王様」を言でもいい。 We are Heroes. This is what we do!

Quote:
    "No one shared, you just didn't know who got what"

total BS! I always had a crew of 10 to 15 people who were tight as hell. any time I was on, my party consisted of me and 3 close friends. every good find was ANNOUNCED BEFORE PICK UP! I don't know what game you guys were playing, but when I was playing, it was fun and fair.

I was there when PSO DC ver1 just started too, but I don't remember anyone care for anything because generally no one even know what a monomate was.

Oh, and offline lvling = godly. Ultimate mode with lv40 = easy lvling.

Never felt so much grind in a PS online game before, aside PSU. Not that bad though, if you had done some other MMO before...

That was games with your close online friends. Much different than standard pick up games with random people. Occasionally you meet someone with the same ideals but for the most part people just grabbed everything that dropped and tossed the cheap stuff they didnt want in the first place when their inventory got full.

Me, I was primarily interested in blue armor boxes and red boxes on PSO. PSU, my games are always set to rare: random normal: order unless I space out. But I still find fun in picking stuff up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BloodDragoon on 2006-11-18 00:35 ]</font>