Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Since my main is a Cast, it would seem like a waste to make another Humanoid. Newmans seem to have too low of an attack and humans seem kind of boring. However, in addition to Beast's bad accuracy, nanoblasts would seem kind of worthless (since I'm going to be afar) and gets me to think about Crea weapons and how useful they may be.

*Swings large blades*

lowest ATA race with a ATA requiring class... not such a good idea

BUT if you compensated for the extremely low ATA, you could have a nice combination there...

On 2006-11-18 14:33, Thrash777 wrote:
    lowest ATA race with a ATA requiring class... not such a good idea

BUT if you compensated for the extremely low ATA, you could have a nice combination there...
    Well if he is going as a fortegunner, his stat growth will be influenced so that he gets more ATA than any other beast.

I wouldn't recommend it since it's the second worst race/class combo in the entire game (beaten only by a CAST Force), but if you insist, no one's going to stop you.

EDIT: Someone brung up a good point. While you do miss more often, you hit much harder. If you focus on accurate weapons, you'll do great, since even if they hit weak, your strength will make up for it.

Or, you could just go crazy and go for the strongest gun there is and hope you get lucky and make a Ranger shoot Nukes.

This sort of falls into the same category as a CAST Force. If you know what you're doing and focus on what will work best for your race (In terms of a CAST, using Bows, Cards, and a little Resta), you can make it work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FenixStryk on 2006-11-18 15:34 ]</font>

Beast Fortegunner will be fine....Yes your ATA is lower but if the current items are any indication the requirements are only really effective for the first 30 levels or so....As a Newman Force I meet the Defense requirement for all the armour (including the A rank armour) and Newman M Force has the lowest defense in the game.

I'm not the trap, that's the trap!

Say, we do need a guild/team of the "Misfits" also known as CAST Fortechers, Newman Fortefighters, and Beast Fortegunners.
    Nothing's stopping you though. You'll miss half the time but when you hit, you hit hard. ;D

You will NOT miss 1/2 the time.... You will probably miss about 1/6 at the most and can recover even more with an arm slot that boosts ATA.....I've seen Beast hunters with -ATA arm slots shooting crappy pistols and hitting more then 1/2 the time.

Plus Nanoblast would not be useless....If you run out of PP, if you are backed into a corner, if you are tired of shooting, or if you just want to look like a minotaur/cat thing.....
    And that only covers the Red nano.

The Last Raven

NO ONE CARES IF YOU WANNA MAKE A CLASS THEN FUCKING MAKE IT! christ I'm sick of this every 5 fucking threads are some asking is this Class a good idea? you sounds liek a woman who asks? does my ass look fat in these jeans?

Elitist hybrid. Merged classes can be pricks too!

No it's not a good idea.

Pure classes should really be done by the best race for the job. That is if you want to excel. In my mind a ranger is not about damage, but support. A beast will miss a lot more and won't pull off the status ailments.

A newman makes a better ranger, despite not having the damage capacity. But really, you should go with cast. Merged classes suit "nerfed" races better, because they allow for vastly more varied strategies.

Edit: The thing is, Natrokos, that despite the compensation it's still a poor choice. The reason for this is cast ATP is not much lower than beast, but ATA is much higher.

You see what I mean by this? A beast ranger really is redundant.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-18 16:06 ]</font>

Be whatever race/class combo you like.