Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    jack of all trades, master of none

Kramer, for those who might not know, had quite the potty mouth the other night during his stand-up routine. Couple Afro-American hecklers started yelling he wasn't funny, and he busted out the one word white people can't ever use in public. Now, of course, he's trying to save face right and left for the boo-boo; as he rightly should. However...

In today's world, a simple apology just won't work. Heaven forbid that as an imperfect humanbeing the man said a few things he shouldn't. How many times a day does the normal person wish they could take back something they said? But when you're in the public eye, it's always a much bigger deal because obviously, if you're famous, you should automatically never slip up and say something absolutely awful. But when you do happen to make such a mistake, who do you call to fix your problems? A publicist who has roots in the Black community and the Reverand Jesse Jackson.

Give me a break. I know the word's beyond offensive, I know people get all pissy about it. (I'm not saying they shouldn't; it's beyond awful to say) But calling Kramer's angry remarks over some asshole's ribbing of his routine a "tremendous wound that he's inflicted on the American public and on the African-American Community" is ever so slightly blowing this situation out of proportion, as is Rev. Jackson's claiming that Kramer "needs some race sensibility training, and some psychiatric help."

Psychiatric help? For what? I'm sure he knows that he shouldn't utter the forbidden word. I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's not a racist he just screwed up, but I suppose race sensibility training would fix him up all good if he was. I loate the disparity between those who can say it and those who can't. Nobody should, end of story; forgive and forget is a lost art.

On 2006-11-23 09:11, Jehosaphaty wrote:
    forgive and forget is a lost art.
    Amen.

The world really needs to become more intelligent and resilliant to the blabberings of the stupid and pitiful.

All I have to say.

Jesse Jackson is by far the WORST representative for us black people. He tries too hard to be "the next MLK". And that fucking phoney Al Sharpton. I wish they'd both just stop making us look bad. I don't care too much about the n word - from a black's POV though it's always a shock to hear it come out of a non blacks mouth. But when people knock on our ancestors history and make fun of it, then there's problems.

Just don't take him seriously.
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

The problem arises when someone takes every use of the N-word as an attack on your culture and history. If one person get's called the n-word, THAT person is the one in question, not the entire ethnicity itself. It doesn't matter if it's from a black or not, it's the context thats important. Same goes for every slander, it doesn't matter who it's from, it matters in what context it's being used and who it's directed toward. Take that into consideration.
    Look, he did it again.

Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

Kramer said more than just the N word. Not a huge offense, but it doesn't reflect well on him.

Said some stuff about slavery, think made a reference to lynching too. (Not too clear on that)

is the word really that offensive? i hear it all the time since my school is mostly black and hispanic people. but i once did see a white guy say it to a bunch of black girls and... well.. it wasnt pretty

Who is this guy again? Shadowpawn's Avatar

On 2006-11-23 16:37, Solstis wrote:
    Kramer said more than just the N word. Not a huge offense, but it doesn't reflect well on him.

Said some stuff about slavery, think made a reference to lynching too. (Not too clear on that)
    That's right, it's more than just "The Big N" that's the issue here. He made a reference to lynching, that is what was uncalled for and should be made a issue of. Not the fact that he used the word Nigger.

On 2006-11-23 16:54, chaos89 wrote:
    is the word really that offensive? i hear it all the time since my school is mostly black and hispanic people. but i once did see a white guy say it to a bunch of black girls and... well.. it wasnt pretty
    It's confusing I know. Among black teens and stuff it is used as a form of greeting/expression of anger/jokes.
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

political correctness again? bah.