Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is my first guide,please bear with me.Also this is a work in progres.

5/7/08 After extensive use I have added my thoughts about old school fave..the slicer.

4/10/08 I just came back to PSU so I will have some research to do about whips and slicers. Needless to say I got work to do

11/25/06 First update goes to Randomness for adding single dagger info thank you.Also many thanks to Parn for the additions of Fists,Dual Daggers,Double Sabers,Axe,and Single Claw.Also a big thanks to Mechatra for the Dual Claws thus rounding out the list
    11/26/06-I added the 4 manufactures of weapons and their diferences.
    12/6/06 I added elemental info.

Hi I'm Wheatpenny you may have seen me on the forums here or around on universe 2.I am here today to create a guide for all Hunters,Figguners,and Fortefighters to help you decide on what weapon is right for you.

===========MANUFACTUERS===============
    The 3 companys GRM,Yohmei,Tenora and the oft forgoten Kabura all have their distinct advantages.The folowing statistics are for starting weapon stats.As they are grinded the stats will fluctuate but normaly stick with the patterns described here from what I have observed so far.

GRM-Notable about GRM products are the fact that they have balanced PP output and ATK.Grinding these weapons will also yeild a balanced upgrade in both statistics.

YOHMEI-Yohmei products seem to have slightly less atk than GRM products but make up for the fact in the PP output of their weapons.If you like to spam Photon Arts then Yohmei is the company you want to go with.Grinding Yohmei weapons will bring out drasticaly higher PP totals with each grind.

TENORA WORKS-(My personal favorite)Tenora falls at the opposite end of the spectrum from Yohmei,Unparalelled atk in their weapons but have a meager PP.But card blanche if you want to hurt something go Tenora just be prepared to carry photon recharges,because thats the cost you pay to be the boss.

KABURA-Right now not much is known about the Kabura products except one thing.Kabura weapons gain MASSIVE bonuses when grinded.For now untill more weapons come out that is all I can say.

=======Full color vs. Green==========
    Using bladed weapondry in PSU can be a daunting task at times due to the fact that Hunters can not change their weapon elements like Rangers can.Picking the right elements for the job are important given right circumstances elemented weapons can out perform a non elemental weapon of higher grade. Of course there is a downside due to the fact that in order to deal out a rainbow of pain you have to carry a weapon of each element which can be costly.The upside to green weapons is the fact that they carry no bonus but also are not weakend by an enemies element. Ultimatley it is your own choice what you do just figured I would toss this in here to help you have all the facts at hand .

===========Weapon Pros and Cons=========
    Slicers====>
    [u]PROS[/u} Ranged weapon that still has appplicable use up close with PA.
    CONSUnless you are spamming PA damage is realy not that great.

Swords=====>
    PROS High atk,wide swing arc,PA hits large radius.
    CONS SLOW

Saber======>
    PROS Weild with handgun,moderate atk and speed,current PA has pop-up effect.
    CONS Damage middleman,much more damaging alternatives.

Spear======>
    PROS Hits Multiple foes in front,Quicker alternative to sword,VERY damaging PA.
    CONS If enemies are scatered will only be able to hit one at a time.Photon Art eats PP heavily.

Dual Saber==>
    PROS Long string of hits.PA can knock foes around like bowling pins.
    CONS PP consumption on PA is worse than spear.Atk less than just one saber.

Single Dagger=>
    PROS 4 hit base combo, multiple hits on PA, and knockdown. Also single handed, so can be prolonged by pairing with a handgun
    CONS Some reduction of power compared to saber, shorter range

Fists=====>
    PROS - Rapid attack speed. First two hits are extremely fast, allowing for easy hit-and-run tactics.
    CONS - Very small attack arc and range.

Dual Daggers====>
    PROS - Fastest attack speed of any weapon. With tier 3 photon arts, 17-hit combos are possible.
    CONS - Ineffective against enemies with high defense. The photon arts come with no crowd control until tier 3.

Double Saber=====>
    PROS - Very wide attack arc. Strong photon art damage.
    CONS - Shares similar attack power to Dual Sabers, but has slower attack speed and a lot less accuracy.

Axe======>
    PROS - Most powerful weapon in the game by a large margin. Photon art critical damage is vicious for melee.
    CONS - Also the slowest and most inaccurate weapon in the game by a large margin.

Single Claw=====>
    PROS - Midrange attack speed and power, slightly outperforms the Single Saber with regular hits.
    CONS - Photon arts execute slightly slower than the Saber's for similar results.

Dual claws====>
    PROS - Strongest of all dual melee weapons, female animation does 1 extra hit in comparison to male.
    CONS - Starter PA is alittle lack-luster, very little movement and range during basic combo.

This is what I have so far I hope to play around with the other weapons to get a feel for them so I can update if anyone has something on the weapons I haven't used yet perhaps we can colaberate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wheatpenny on 2006-11-25 13:45 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wheatpenny on 2006-11-25 13:48 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wheatpenny on 2006-11-25 14:52 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wheatpenny on 2006-11-25 15:05 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wheatpenny on 2006-11-25 15:09 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wheatpenny on 2006-11-26 09:53 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wheatpenny on 2006-12-05 14:40 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wheatpenny on 2008-04-10 11:05 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wheatpenny on 2008-05-07 07:24 ]</font>

Single Dagger-
    PROS-4 hit base combo, multiple hits on PA, and knockdown. Also single handed, so can be prolonged by pairing with a handgun
    CONS-Some reduction of power compared to saber, shorter range
    Coming Soon!

Thank you Randomness I have added your contribution to the guide and credited you in the Update.

lolDiads
    If Diad was a planet in PSU, I'd live there

Fists
    PROS - Rapid attack speed. First two hits are extremely fast, allowing for easy hit-and-run tactics.
    CONS - Very small attack arc and range.

Dual Daggers
    PROS - Fastest attack speed of any weapon. With tier 3 photon arts, 17-hit combos are possible.
    CONS - Ineffective against enemies with high defense. The photon arts come with no crowd control until tier 3.

Double Saber
    PROS - Very wide attack arc. Strong photon art damage.
    CONS - Shares similar attack power to Dual Sabers, but has slower attack speed and a lot less accuracy.

Axe
    PROS - Most powerful weapon in the game by a large margin. Photon art critical damage is vicious for melee.
    CONS - Also the slowest and most inaccurate weapon in the game by a large margin.

Single Claw
    PROS - Midrange attack speed and power, slightly outperforms the Single Saber with regular hits.
    CONS - Photon arts execute slightly slower than the Saber's for similar results.

I've no comment on dual claws since I never touched them on the import, or offline.

Thank you Parn for the additional weapons!!

Since dual claws are missing I'll fill the gap in.

Dual claws

PROS - Strongest of all dual melee weapons, female animation does 1 extra hit in comparison to male.
    CONS - Starter PA is alittle lack-luster, very little movement and range during basic combo.

On 2006-11-25 15:02, mechatra wrote:
    Since dual claws are missing I'll fill the gap in.

Dual claws

Thats the starter offline PA, I think the starting online one is different.
    Coming Soon!

They havent been released online on the US/EU servers IIRC. And again IIRC from my experience on the JP servers the starter online PA is the same as the offline one.

This looks simple & preliminary, but still very interesting. The name is a bit odd.

I'll call it 'Wheatpenny's Guide to Blades' in the sticky list, just in case. ;]
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

OK added the weapon manufactuers and their diferences.