First of all, thanks for helping, and I apologize for my extreme lack of PSO IQ. I've recently started playing offline-only GC for the first time. Sorry if some of my questions seem obvious, but they don't to me. Also, if I posted this wrong or the information is listed elsewhere, I have been trolling this forum for a week or so and haven't found what I'm looking for.

So, my question is this:

Last night I beat Dark Falz, because someone had posted that it should be easy at level 31 (which I was at that time). I didn't get anything good from him, but I wasn't expecting anything. He was kind of easy, so I assume I was close to the right level.

So then I went whipping through the hard forest, which I like very much, and I killed the dragon. I think I was 32 or 33 at this time. I understand that he drops Musashi on hard as some kind of reward.

So yeah, I got a Scape Doll from him, and crap from the crates plus another scape doll. I checked around everywhere, so I doubt I missed it. Did I do something wrong, or am I just misinformed? I'm a Greenill HUmar and I was wielding a Del Saber's Buster +9 and wearing Grand Armor with some General Body and General Power I think. I also hadn't done any of the quests yet for the hard difficulty. I'm not sure if that matters.

Thanks in advance

Canis Domini

Well, the thing is... the hard-lvl Dragon *can* drop Musashi. He doesn't always do it - the drop scheme has an element of randomness to it. It's worth going back and killing him again a few times to see if you have better luck.

The first time I killed him, he dropped a freakin' *trifluid*. How irritating can you get??!!??

On 2002-11-22 10:10, fahdiz wrote:
    Well, the thing is... the hard-lvl Dragon *can* drop Musashi. He doesn't always do it - the drop scheme has an element of randomness to it. It's worth going back and killing him again a few times to see if you have better luck.

The first time I killed him, he dropped a freakin' *trifluid*. How irritating can you get??!!??
    Ah, that makes perfect sense. I was under the impression that it was a kind of pre-determined reward drop.

Now that I've unlocked the Caves, what do I have to do to fight him again? If I run through now, it just warps me to the cave right? Letter from Lionel involves fighting it, I think. Any suggestions?

And thanks

Canis Domini

Actually, when you start the game in hard mode and go to the transporter you now should see two options: "forest 1" and "caves 1". Just choose "forest 1". You'll have to go all the way through the forest again, but you can fight through any previous stages as often as you like.

Ah, cool. I thought when I got to the end of Forest 1 it would have the teleporter go to Cave 1. You've answered my question to its fullest then, thanks

Someone should do a site with all kinds of info that is generally assumed, but isn't common knowledge. I would definitely benefit from that, as I seem to read everything wrong. For example, I gathered that the Fake in Yellow quest let you fight blue rappies on normal all the time, but I could only get them to appear once.

You guys are really helpful, thanks

Canis Domini

You're right - that's a good idea. Most FAQs out there seem to assume a higher level of familiarity with PSO than a beginner might have. The PSO GC manual is very helpful, but it doesn't answer questions like yours (I think - it *may* have something in there about the teleporter).

Glad to help. I'm certainly not a repository of knowledge like some folks on this board, but I'm happy to assist when I actually know what's going on.