Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dragon God

You sir haven't partied with 1 Ra and 5Fos, good times. It's much faster than 1Hu and 5Fos >.

One of the things I've noticed as a Hunter is carry around quite a bit of antimates, it's useful taking those status effects when the Force(s) are busy plus it's counterproductive to waste PP on a single SE. I swear as a Hunter I eat antimates like it's crack ><;.

Might slight addon for spears

Spears are the mega boss killer, with their high ATP and good PA dmg% mod they deal maximum damage in the smallest amount of time on any boss, due to their lack of restrictions on target points (Highest I've seen is 5 damage points getting hit by my spear PA).

Single Dagger:
    You don't always have to finish your combo sometimes doing your full combo will result in you getting smacked. Dagger speed flinch is not a complete reliable stun lock, don't think it is.

If your not using your PA for god sakes straft arround to atleast the back of the enemy if your a combo head like me.

Attacking a single enemy from the back can give some nice results when not using PAs or if you finish off with the tier 1 PA then go back to swinging while the monster is immune to knockdown. The speed and flinching will hinder the turning ability of enemies to about half use that to your advantage.

Limit the use of tier 2 PA unless you absolutely have to space out some of the spawn. It usually ends us spreading 2 enemies far away. Multiple spams of this and your fighting area will have enemies completely spread out. Which for spear/sword/aoe force/shotgunners is a nightmare.

Do not use Tier two PA on a normal size (or small) monster thats alone. Unless your going to switch and follow it up with some gun blasts while it is flying away it's already on the ground giving you time to straft to it's back (or if already turned arround) time to dish out 2+ combos depending on the speed of the monsters how fast it gets up and how fast it retargets turns arround.

Ice dagger no matter how well it's grinded no matter how high the rank will not out preform (without resonable difficulty) an equal rank spear/sword (PA tier 2) on De ragan save it for a last ditch effort when out of PP on other stonger weapons unless your great at manipulating your characters position while not locked on.

Which brings me to the next point. Learn when to lock on and when to not. Manipulating your character's position while doing that flying kick and the wheel spin can yeild some nice spread out damage when done right.

A well placed PA tier 2 can take the heat off rangers/forces that are surrounded (if you know they are in trobuble) just place your kick right.

Do not use Tier 2 pa as a multiple enemy tag twin daggers do a much better job at that without wasting as much pp.

will add more as I see fit. -shrugs-

-Gos
    [edit changed dragon advice to be less misleading while not appreciating the whining comment a poster further down is right the spear PA while quicker than sword does only hit two enemies( or target points) at a time not 3 not 5 only 2.]
    <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GosamerWings on 2006-12-01 00:11 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GosamerWings on 2006-12-02 16:36 ]</font>

if you are a beast or cast id reccomend using multi hit weapons because your blast/suv guage will rise noticably faster.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

well, I always thought that Hunters are very important to the team. I had a team of ALL rangers in the relics one time, didn't work out too well, we were doing good but eventually, we'll run out of PP and it'll takte forever to kill the monsters. Hunters are necessary to get rid of monsters fast. also, in response to Gosamer's post, who in the hell would actually be dumb enough to use a tier 2 PA, or ANY PA at all when fighting a normal sized single monster? btw, I have a Newman who is going for Wartecher, so I made him a Hunter as soon as I started him, so I'm going to see how a Newman Hunter actually plays out, not from other people's post but from my own experience and I'll try to tell you guys how it went.
    Street Fighter IV: Chun Li, Ryu
    King of Fighters XII: Terry, Kim, Kyo
    BlazBlue: Litchi, Noel

On 2006-12-01 02:03, Alisha wrote:
    if you are a beast or cast id reccomend using multi hit weapons because your blast/suv guage will rise noticably faster.
    Yeah, definately. I use Twin Sabers, and get Nanoblasts a lot.

On slow enemies, get around the back of them before starting your attacks.

Use a Sword/Spear on large enemies like Kog Nadd/Polavohra. They hit multiple parts.

Spears hit jumpy enemies easily (like Golmoro). Stab range seems to be slightly longer than a Golmoro can shuffle back.

Use PA's that knock enemies into the air on robots. If you do it right, they'll either explode in mid-air, or as they hit the ground, which is harmless.

Use a Spear on Adahna Degahna. It hits multiple parts (especially with Dus Daggas), and hits a weaker point. Also, for Beasts, Nanoblasts hit multiple parts.

If Nanoblasting on Dimmagolus/Onmagohg, I do it as they are coming to the ground, NOT after they hit the ground. Otherwise, you waste time, and won't get many hits landed before it takes off again (unless the wings have been shot out)

If a Goshin pops up, and burrows immediately, it's likely to try and hit you with Jellen on it's next surface, so move away a bit.

Carry Sol Atomizers if you have them.

Attack Jarba from behind if possible, or if it moves too fast, encircle it, so other people can kill it.

Agtaride/Defbaride/Zodiaride etc can be countered with Jellen/Zalure, so be aware of that. It also works in reverse.

All I can think of for now.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Remember that knockback always knocks you in the opposite direction to which you are facing, not just away from the enemy, hold the strafe button when backing away from enemies, otherwise their powerful attacks will suck you in instead of blowing you away, this can be deadly with Bil De Vears spinning lariat or spells like damubarta

On 2006-12-01 04:21, Shiroryuu wrote:
    well, I always thought that Hunters are very important to the team. I had a team of ALL rangers in the relics one time, didn't work out too well, we were doing good but eventually, we'll run out of PP and it'll takte forever to kill the monsters. Hunters are necessary to get rid of monsters fast. also, in response to Gosamer's post, who in the hell would actually be dumb enough to use a tier 2 PA, or ANY PA at all when fighting a normal sized single monster? btw, I have a Newman who is going for Wartecher, so I made him a Hunter as soon as I started him, so I'm going to see how a Newman Hunter actually plays out, not from other people's post but from my own experience and I'll try to tell you guys how it went.
    You would be surprised. On Dragon/relic ones, there are usually monsters flying all over the damn place. I swear it looks like a trapeese act lmao. It gets so bad sometimes I just whip out the old ice Hand gun and tag because things are flying so freakin much.

I sometimes think to myself. hmm just three monsters -runs tier 1 pa to get kd on them and get some beat up time then here comes someone with a twin saber/single- tier 1… tier 2... Monsters fly every which way. Now instead of these three monsters that could of easily been dispatched that were nice and close. The group now has to run around the area to pick them off splitting our efforts and making a 1-2 min thing take 3-5 mins (moatoob situation there).

I understand why I see so few people using spear outside of boss battles. It's hard to get good use out of the pa when most of the time you have to chase monsters (that were group nicely) down because the twin saber guy (no offense to anyone that uses them right) doesn't know how to stop spamming the pa button after tier 1 and goes ahead and throws the 2..., monsters clear across the stage.

that is true, some other tips that although may seem obvious at first, but are good tips none-the-less:
    learn the levels and how many blocks are in each area you'll be playing in.
    reasons: sometimes you can get off 2 nanoblasts/ suvs in one run, other times you'll need to be holding it for a while.
    Also some levels have areas that will recharge your photons mid-way. You can use this to your advantage by spamming all your pa's for exp a few rooms before the re-charge cube. Also as a side note, this can get expensive so make sure you got the meseta for it.

To the new players: just cuz you really, really, really, only plan on using a couple of weapons (i.e. dual sabers/ daggers, etc) level several up together as opposed to leveling up one or two.. you'll thank me later. Also don't forget about the handgun/ saber or dagger combo. I usually carry one of each with ice as one gun and fire for the other with dark and ground for my saber and dagger. You can use this to cover several different elements quickly. Also i like to carry at least one strong non-elemented weapon just incase i don't have a good elemental weapon for a particular enemy. Which brings me to my next comment, if you plan on doing alot of pa's like me, carry extras of your favorite weapons. you'll thank me later

Be nice to your force, they keep you alive, and later will make you stronger. Also carry a few photon chargers just to give them. Sometimes it'll make your relationship better as well as keep a force going for a few more rooms.

Carry scape dolls... I cannot stress this one enough. Just do it... You'll thank me later.

Don't sell items you need. some of these include materials for booster boards, weapon boards and armor boards. especially useful are the booster boards. you can get these items fairly easy and usually will keep you well stocked on them.

well i don't wanna write a book so i'll write more another time.

Megistride can get you killed. It raises all stats but deals damage to you for a short time. Yes it stacks with burn effect. Keep that in mind should you use it.

The beauty about spears is, they are piercing. You can attack 2-3 mobs at once when they are bunch together. Since they like to run around so much, they tend to pass each other

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2006-12-01 22:04 ]</font>
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

Afaik never been killed by the megistar dmg. It's also easily bugged- just have something debuff you in one of the buff types and megistar won't hurt you.

As for spear - each of its attacks can only deal damage to a max of 2 enemies/target points every time it deals damage. That's right, 2 enemies. Same with the PA, so stop writing "multiple" target points when it's only 2. The current spear PA deals damage for a max of 2*2 + 2*3 = 10 times. That's both comboes.