Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

I've mentioned this in a few threads before, and as there is demand for it, I am now making a formal announcement, that PSO-World will be sponsoring in-game PSU Free-Form Role Playing. As an old RPer and world builder myself, I see the opportunity this holds (I actually wanted to do this with PSO, but it never panned out). I am establishing this thread to lay down how this is going to work.

First off, until such a time that the number of RP threads becomes overwhelming, Fan Works will be the home of PSO-World's PSU RP. If the need is sufficient, we will consider an RP-dedicated forum. I encourage those who are interested to begin threads to keep track of your RP characters' Storylines. For those playing PSU on PC, I reccomend that you use the chat logs found in your documents, under SEGAPHANTASY STAR UNIVERSELOG to aid in writing your posts. It is also my suggestion that these threads be treated much like group-fics for those who interact with the storyline.

There is the matter of rules for the randomization of decisions. It is unclear to me, at this time, what events the game can compensate for already, and what will require dice rolls. For now, I am submitting that the /random command be used to roll its 1d1000, under the rule that 450 and above is a success, while 900 and above is a critical success. Rolling 449 or lower will result in a failed check. Rolling 10 or below will considered a critical botch. This rule may be temporary, until we can establish something that better considers a player's level, and possibly class or race. For now, at least, this will be the general rule to judge all rolls from.

Until such a time that PSU natively offers support for PvP, we will need to agree on a system to accomodate such. Until such a time that we have established a set of rules that satisfactorily incorporates level, race and class, I propose that the above mentioned dice system is used for turn-based, proctored combat, to a number of rounds or points that is agreed upon by each party involved prior to the beginning of the match. A player's turn will consist of announcing the attack, casting his or her /random, and possibly using lobby actions or some such thing to act out the results, depending on the mood of the players involved.

To keep things stirred up, from time to time, there will be official PSO-World Story Events that will be enacted upon the servers. Volunteers will be needed for both PC/PS2 and Xbox 360 servers, for these purposes. Where possible, these events will be headed by PSO-World staff members.

The final decision to make, is to choose a Universe for this activity. We will not use Universe 15, as I am certain that many PSO-Worlders do not intend to be assumed to be RPing.

Interested parties are invited to express their thoughts and concerns in this thread. Any suggestions regarding the rules system are welcomed. There will be a floating sticky created, for those who wish to include their RP characters in some form of "formal" registry.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

Ok, so the actualy RPing will be done on a PSU server, not posted in the forum?

Hey, SS, maybe you don't need to make one...

I like it, it's a good idea.

Of course, I'll have to finish my story first, which WILL take a while.
    Kyousei - 21 Fnewm

On 2006-11-30 13:48, Sgt_Shligger wrote:
    Ok, so the actualy RPing will be done on a PSU server, not posted in the forum?
    Primarily, in-game, on the server, and we use Fan Works to keep record of occurances by writing detailed synopsis (or stories) of your characters' events; though those who'd prefer to just make a simple group-fic with no in-game component will not be impeded.

Alrighty, so the characters submission is simply the character you use on the server or. . . I have too many question for this >_>

When will this start?

That's correct, Shligger. It will be the character you use on the server.

As for when the RPing starts... Assume that it is meant to start immediately.

Ok, immediately ;D

What server is this going to be on and where can I find you or another GM (if there is one)?

This is Free-Form RP; this means that there is no GM. It's up to you to role play your character and build relationships with other characters.

As for what server this is to be on, that's something that needs to be discussed. I am aware that there is already some manner of RPing going on, but what we need to do is establish a universe where we can assume that all players are RPing. In short, we need some community input on this. That is a big part of the purpose of this thread.

Doing a quick forum search, it looks like the community is leaning toward Universe 17. Any comments on this?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUnewearl_Meira on 2006-11-30 17:58 ]</font>

Hmmm, well I would pick a remote universe (no pun). 17 or 7 look pretty empty. . . and their slightly lucky O.o

Oh, yes, another comment I have; To conform to PSU's story environment, I am suggesting a little variation in the typical semantics: PSU should have no guilds. Supposedly, all player characters are Guardians by profession. Therefore, I submit that rather than "guilds", we have "units". Organized groups from whatever branch of the Guardians players may choose.