Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've had mono for the past few weeks and I'm in the process of recovering (finally), but I went from 135 to 120 pounds while I was sick. In short...I look really really skinny and I'd like to gain that weight back (healthily of course). Anyone else been in a similar situation or anyone have advice as to how to go about this?

make your own food and when recipes call for oil, use butter. Do not exercise as much. Make sure your diet is well balanced too. I have that problem but don't have mono....genetics. I'm 17 and yet I only weigh 125 lbs. My friend had mono, so I would guess it would be like most other infections. Drink a lot of fluid and eat plenty.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Neoswayne on 2006-12-01 18:48 ]</font>

One more post until 1,000 for you lol.

Watch TV/Play games/Eat a little more junk food. Or a lot of healthy food. And more soda. And less Excercise.

Actually now that I give it some nore thought, I would say do not over tax your body. A great sway in your metabolism is very bad. Make sure you don't over exercise or under exercise. Keep a balanced healthy meal, but you will want to eat a larger amount and eat a few more fats and carbohydrates. Drink plenty of water to keep your body system working actively, esp. your digestive tract. well, I guess that's all the advice I can give you from 3 highschool medical classes!

Thanks guys, it's appreciated.

weight gainers?
    Call me a safe bet. I'm betting I'm not.
    I'm glad that you can forgive.
    Only hoping as time goes, you can forget.

Bringer of Cupcakes (fresh out of chaos)

Protein shakes are good for that. They're really expensive, but they kept my weight constant when I was bedridden and unable to chew solid food for 2 weeks after surgery, plus will be nutritious. I'd say one a day would be good.. just don't eat a ton of meats along with them, because a lot of protein is just as bad for you as too little.

Also, eat healthy items, but eat them later at night when your metabolism is naturally slowing down.

On 2006-12-01 20:07, darkgunner wrote:
    weight gainers?
    Kind of strange, but true. In a place (& time) where most people only wanna lose pounds, there are some who wants to gain weight.

My light-eating habit has kept me from gaining what I want, but I guess that's fine. ;]
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

"Pokemon Prove Evolutionism Is False" Shattered_weasel's Avatar
    In the ER room with the lovely and talented George Clooney.

No need for any of this.

Main thing you can do is eat some food before you go to sleep. Anything with peanut butter in it would be beautiful.

Disgruntled Culinarian/ Commis become Master

i am 22 and weigh 125. i keep saying i'm going to gain weight, but, i don't have the time or energy to keep motivated on a plan. but, i did ask my doctor about it. he said to make sure i eat 3 meals a day, and eat protein for breakfast. he suggested eggs or oatmeal every morning in leiu of a protein shake.

and exercise. like weight lifting and stuff. it's because i'm not doing that that i haven't gained any weight, despite 2 years of culinary school and 2 years of restaurant work.

anyhow, good luck!