Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CAST vs. Beast

Well I'll be going online with PSU in a week or two and I have some blanks I would like filled in.

My two favorite classes are CAST's and Beasts. I know Beasts fairly well so far as I have one offline at Level 100 and just yesterday started a CAST.

What I want to know are what are some of the pros and cons of both of these characters that I may not know of? Here is what I know.

Beasts:

Pros

-Nanoblast (Lasts longer than SUV)
    -High attack power
    -Great for being a hunter.

Cons

-Low accuracy
    -Can't heal during Nanoblast

CASTS:

Pros

-Great Accuracy and decent power.
    -SUV weapons (Doesn't put you in a spot where you're vulnerable).
    -Can easily be a hunter or ranger.

Cons

-SUV Weapons aren't really worth the time they take to charge (Personal opinion).
    -Not as good as a beast when it comes to attack power

So what else is there? I know for sure I'm going to go FighGunner when the time comes, after checking PSUpedia FighGunners have the weapon layout I like best. This isn't for you to tell me what to pick, just the strengths and weaknesses that I don't know about.

Let's see....

-While the SUV lacks the pure destructive power, you have to consider that every nanoblast, except purple, has to watch his own hide, while a Cast using SUV becomes immortal for the duration of the attack.
    -Both of them remove all buffs and debuffs. Bad for those buff pills you just ate, but good to remove some annoying Burn effect.
    -SUV acts as support, debuffing the larger monsters (attack down, paralysis, etc.)
    -SUV can be interrupted, and can miss... you can't aim once it's started, and has a long pre-wind. Really annoying, because monsters start "ignoring you" (you're immortal, remember?) and going AWAY from you.

All in all, I'd say, Beast's Nano stomps SUVs anyday (worst case, pick purple and you won't have to worry about anything), but the "pure" stats of CASTs are way better than Beast's.

Consider Beasts better at spike damage (decent average, high damage spike) and Casts better at sustained damage (higher average, decent damage spike).

The accuracy isn't a big issue however, if the player is skilled, so it can turn into Beast being the best overall AND spike damage, making the cast look bad, but that's entirely based on player skill. (Also consider that Beast will fare better as mages, and are better at evasion and have more HP)

Personally, I'm glad I took beast, but none of the above was considered in my character selection. Catgirl. 'nuff said.
    I suggest you do the same. Male beast look like large surfer guys with floppy ears. Male cast look like armored guys or robots. Which do you prefer?

Use a human
    Call me a safe bet. I'm betting I'm not.
    I'm glad that you can forgive.
    Only hoping as time goes, you can forget.

Aesthetics are something to take into consideration.

No sense playing a character that you think looks ugly.

Edit: (unless that is what you're aiming for, of course )

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skuda on 2006-11-28 16:52 ]</font>

MASTER OF ALL THINGS UNREAL DONTOSE's Avatar

a beast can take on a human and a cast at the same time.
    Make the days of heart brake be no more for i can no longer take much more for i miet die from the crushing feeling in my heart from the hurt that you gave to me all those years ago.......

SUV = 1vsMany overlord
    Nanoblast = 1vs1 destroyer

Then again, we haven't seen all the SUV out there. While nanoblast seem to be set.

btw, Magashi soloed a nanoblast with just 1 bomb.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2006-11-28 16:57 ]</font>

casts are actually closer to humans than they are to beasts. saying a cast compares to a beast hunter is like saying a human force compares to a newman force except its worse because beasts have more hp.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

Cast Acrofighter. WTB Robochao mag AlphaMinotaux's Avatar

Go for look. If u want stats then beasts is better. personally i think casts look awsome.

And the Beast acurracy is not a major downside. They can melee just fine, its when they start to shoot that you see the missing more than not.

Just create both...you have four slots for characters!

On 2006-11-28 17:08, Nukei wrote:
    I tried nanoblast, worse damage than my weap
    Would love to know which Nanoblast that was. My defense one hits on average for 100 damage more than my weapon Photon Arts (Lv20 PAs, on a HU).

I need to try SUV, but from what I've seen, you can't alter the direction of the gun initially very well?

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)