I'm not quite clear on the mechanics of set bonuses. The little that I do know is pieced together from the translated Japanese Wiki. From what I understand having a set bonus between a line shield and a melee or shooting weapon nets you a 25% increase to Attack Power, Defensive Power and Accuracy.

Does this bonus take into account your own personal stats? Or only those of the weapon and shield line?

Let's say I'm using a line shield and a 1 handed weapon which have a set bonus with each other. For example the Ageha-senba and the Ageha-kikami. Now you can dual wield the cards with either a melee weapon or a cane; would that set bonus only be active while I hold down the right shoulder button and I'm therefore using the Ageha-kikami or would be also active when I use the righthand weapon?

Old Man

Anywhere where one can see these set bonuses?

Any known set bonuses involving rifles or bows?

It would be nice to know before I sink another ton of meseta on the wrong one.

Well you can do what I did. Just use Google Translate to translate the Japanese wiki: http://psu.fei-yen.yi.org/wiki/html/ be sure to set the language from English to Japanese.

They have a nice and extensive section on line shields under the "guard" section found through the frame menu which includes many of the known set bonuses. You can use the "weapons" section to cross reference the names of the items in case you're unsure.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dymalos on 2006-12-14 15:22 ]</font>

Do they say the set bonuses are % and not just straight bonus like +15 atp and not +15% atp?

In the translated version of the Japanese wiki. the exact phrase they use to describe the set bonuses is:

The effect is due to set equipment as follows.

Shock weapon and shooting weapon: Attack power, defensive power and on-target hit power each one 25%UP

Legal attacking weapon: Legal impulsive force and defensive power, perseverance each one 25%UP

Now my vast knowledge of Engrish has led me to conclude the following:

Shock Weapon refers to Melee Weapons
    On target hit power is either ATA or Acc.
    The term "Legal" refers to Techniques or TP.
    Perseverance is MST or Ment.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dymalos on 2006-12-14 18:22 ]</font>

Well I tried the 1* Tenora shotgun and Armor combo and the stats shown did not change. Since these are *1 I couldn't tell any difference in damage done. So I don't know what to say about the others.

I will be synthing the Ageha-kikami over the weekend. I also have an Armor P.M. and a spare Ageha-senba board so I'll go ahead and try this combination and post my findings.

Oh, those.

Melee and ranged weapons : +25% of equipments ATP, ATA, and DFP.
    Force weapons: +25% of equipments TP, MST, and DFP.

The bonuses ONLY uses the equipments BASE stats for the bonus calculation. That means If you have a saber that starts +100 ATP, +100ATA and grind it into +170ATP +100ATA you'l still only get +25ATA +25ATP as bonus.

That is, it only takes the equipments starting stats into consideration when calculating the bonuses. Grinding and your characters thats does'nt help at all.

Bonuses only applies when you have the weapon EQUIPPED. That is, you won't get any armour DFP or MST bonus just because you also have the set weapon in the pallete.

Any bonuses applied are HIDDEN. Which means that you won't be able to see any difference by checking stats of equipment.

Of course, when using a 1handed set weapon with something else- the boost is applied as soon as you switch to those weapons, but only your set weapon will recive the stat boost.

Forexample, if you're using a saber and a handgun and your saber is the set weapon. You'r armour will give you a DFP bonus whole the time(even when you're using the gun), because you have the saber "equipped" but only the saber will get the ATP and ATA bonus because it is the set weapon. Handguns stats won't change at all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: etlitch on 2006-12-15 02:06 ]</font>

That is some excellent information. Thank you very much.

I guess the Phantomline + Phantom rifle would be pretty awesome w/ +25%. Just have to wait for Endrum Remnants S for the rifle board.