Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

attack me but you will regret it since am leet like the A-Team!!!
    Not to say you are or aren't a hacker, I don't know. But it would be funny to see a real hacker attacker attack these "PSU Haxors". You know they're all on the PC version... so what would they do if just after PM Bombing someone's room and laughing maniacly, their printers just started spewing out a bunch of "elite speak haxor" taunts - then have their PC shut down.

Permenantly.

That's the only real thing that's bugging me about this whole situation - is that these little fucks are getting their ePeens stroked by being called "hackers" when they most of them don't even know what the hell TCP/IP stands for. I'd like to see one of them go to like, I dunno - Defcon and try to brag.

If you dont want to get jacked then stop acting like you have everything and think you are the best (aka a handful of PSO-W people) because they WILL come after you. If you are a modest gamer who doesnt broadcast him/herself i see no reason they will come after you.
    That's bullshit though. That's herd mentality - and these guys are going to eat it up. You think that will stop them? You're fucking dreaming. They're going to take it as a power trip and press even harder to try to get a rise out of people. It's not like this hasn't been happening for the last 5+ years... you'd think you people would learn something.

They're not going to stop, and it's only going to get worse, unless one of two things happen...

1. Sega becomes competant.

2. Someone who actually has talent decides to step in and make it their own little game to "greif" the greifers - and make it such a pain in the ass for them to be a dick in the game that it's not worth the effort.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2006-12-19 11:57 ]</font>

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

They're not going to stop, and it's only going to get worse, unless one of two things happen...

1. Sega becomes competant.

2. Someone who actually has talent decides to step in and make it their own little game to "greif" the greifers - and make it such a pain in the ass for them to be a dick in the game that it's not worth the effort.
    Will Not Happen lol.

And though most of your posts are completly correct and plesant to read, a handful of the people in the incrowd are infact quite talented. The reason they are able to preform the things they do is because:

1. The methods they use are VERY powerful. If you think they are not you are sadly mistaken, but they lack a large degree of dignity and elegance.

2. Sega refuses to dump large amounts of green folding cash into any team besides development. They would rather watch this happen and create a patch than hire a team to do nothing but watch memory blips all day. They are just cheap.

1. The methods they use are VERY powerful. If you think they are not you are sadly mistaken, but they lack a large degree of dignity and elegance.
    Oh, I'm sure there is some good talent lying somewhere in that desheveled heap of a community. The vast majority of these greifers though, including many of the most well known ones, don't know shit about hacking or computers in general. They download programs others have written, and they take credit for exploits others have discovered. They simply cut and paste, follow the directions, and then proclaim themselves "internet thugs". Take for example NuGz and Broomop - two of the most well known cheaters migrated over to FFXI and tried their little stunts there.. and they got shut down quick.

Sega (or at least, Sonic Team) is not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to coding a secure online game - so it would seem that most of the real hacking talent out there actually do try to move on to the more difficult games to crack like WoW and FFXI, whereas the posers tend to stick with PSO/PSU because they're easy to fuck with and gain them quick recognition.

And yes, they do lack a large digree of dignity and grace. I've seen their forums. It's like a rejected episode of Jerry Springer over there playing on re-run 24/7.

And I never mentioned that the scenario I put forward was plausable - just that it would be amusing to see. And it's not impossible, as we've already seen a gimped version of it in the form of the Millenium G200 bot on PSO v.2 - though that actually came from the same cheating community which spawned the problem.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2006-12-19 13:11 ]</font>

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Yup,

ST will never be are sharp tool until they learn to spend cash to have a nice community. PS community even with it's heavy loyalty is thinning rather quickly these days.

Blizzard, Sony, and NCsoft are on their feet constantly, ST just simply chooses to lose. I guess they just sit back and say MAYBE this time they will leave us alone....

A - It is not possible to make a completely secure network enabled program. You make something, there's someone who can break it. It's just a matter of how long it will take. For a developer it is just a matter of what portion of the development cost can be dedicated to something that is not the game.
    ST may have a bad track record, and PSU just looks like another bad time. If these hackers are worth their names, it doesn't matter. Any security can be compromised. How hard or easy it is doesn't matter with respect to it being wrong.
    In many countries having a simple lock on your door puts the law on your side. A thief can't defend himself by saying the lock was crap. The lock was there. He did something special to get around it. So he is wrong. On the internet it is harder to go after people. But the same rule applies. Anyone who abuses weak security is wrong.
    B - Just because there is a hole, it doesn't mean you are under obligation to abuse it. Saying you are only doing it to show it, and to get the maker to patch it is the most bogus argument ever. IRL breaking and entering is a crime, even if you do it 'only to show it'.
    On top of that, those hackers don't just show it, they screw over the people who can't do shit about it. All their idealistic bullshit is exactly that. I hope someday soon they will realize it and at least stop trying to justify being criminals.
    And to make it really rich, they have a following of morons to worship them. They hand out the means to commit the crimes so people who don't have a clue can be annoying as well. That's not criminal, that's inciting crime. Great show, <beep>ers.

Tenzntwentiez suggests we all become paranoid. I know that is a wise thing to do on the internet. However, I also remember it is what drove me away from PSO. If I feel that start for PSU, I'm out for sure. Don't want paranoia in my game.

I agree with Sinue_v2 that it would be fun to see how the people annoying us would respond to being annoyed by some real hackers. But I doubt it will happen. These losers are simply not interesting enough.