Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Meaning current, "hey I should try that" games, not old ones with even less population than PSU.

I love PSU - are there other games similar to it?

PSU realy isn't like any other MMO out there. It is its own unique experience. I hear WOW is good but I have never played it. I have played FFXI. Stay away from that one lol.

With similar gameplay, similar storyline, what aspects in particular are you trying to find?

The short answer though, is other games like PSU as a whole, no. PSU is unique in that regard. Most action/rpg games are either single player, or just a few people in multiplayer, and most ORPGs have either the point and click, or press attack and trade blows until you or the mob drops, combat system.
    Always outnumbered... Never out-gunned.

RF: Online - Kinda similar but totally diferent and a few others which i cant remember right now..

On 2006-12-17 13:38, Maskim wrote:
    With similar gameplay, similar storyline, what aspects in particular are you trying to find?
    Similar gameplay mostly - make your own character hack and slash type real time combat. I have heard that FFX1 requires a great deal of time to put into it, waiting for things to happen or something like that. One of the biggest things I love about PSU is you can pick it up and play for as long as you want - even if all you have is an hour.

Monster Hunter was similar to PSO, which is what PSU is really built upon

On 2006-12-17 14:07, happy_cricket wrote:
    On 2006-12-17 13:38, Maskim wrote:
    Similar gameplay mostly - make your own character hack and slash type real time combat. I have heard that FFX1 requires a great deal of time to put into it, waiting for things to happen or something like that. One of the biggest things I love about PSU is you can pick it up and play for as long as you want - even if all you have is an hour.
    RF: Online, is what you seek, but you just gotta get used to the PvP though...

Meh, RF looked lack luster at best. For a game that doesn't require huge time investments, and you can pick up and play, as it were, I enjoyed DDO. You can only get up to level 10, 12 now I think, so obviously it's not a huge time sink. It's very fun too...but the same things that make it amazing fun(it's like running through a dm'd adventure) cause it to get really old, really fast. The day I hit level 10 was the day I quit. I'd already done all the end game. Another problem with a game like this is you're going to be paying to play. Multiple game subscriptions add up fast.

For the style of game play, since ps2's launch, I've been a huge fan of the Dynasty Warriors series. What this lacks in comparison to PSU is the multiplayer, though. You can play it 1 or 2 player, or on the newest versions, you can get online (via xbox live for example) and play with a few people. Nothing like PSU though, but it's very cool, especially if you've read the Three Kingdoms. The games with Create a Warrior have a nice degree of customization as well. Great fr when you want to play alone.

For what you seem to be seeking, though, stik to PSU. You're not going to find another game at thistime quite like it.
    Always outnumbered... Never out-gunned.

RFO is nothing like PSU. Don't mislead.

The only game I felt that was close to PSU/PSO in terms of game mechanics (not gameplay) was Diablo. Diablo had games you jumped in on similar to PSO in where it was the whole game, but you were with a group of 4 people. You went into multiple floors you descended in, clearing mobs, and trying to find rare weapons. The game play is drastically different, but the mechanics certainly sound similar, but I hate the gameplay from Diablo and I'm sick and tired of the medival fantasy setting.