Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

On 2006-12-19 00:12, Nedeti wrote:
    haha hey visit (you know what) broomop bought an Xbox360 start thinking why.... lol
    Am going to JP once am done with NA/EU.
    And he's already admitted he will not be able to hack the 360 version without a modded 360. And they don't exist. On top of that he also said he plans to play legitly on the 360. And if that wasn't enough even he said he doubts the 360 version will ever be hacked.

On 2006-12-19 00:27, Niered wrote:
    So our chances of looking at a rollback seem to be increasing...at this point I wonder if id actually like that idea.

...I will quit the game if that happens..I've put over 400 hours in PSU. And I know my good friends will quit the game, leaving me with no one like on GC. Fuck that man..

This shit pisses me off. Not all the hacking and no response from SEGA stuff. Just makes me mad that I when I'm finally having fun, I have to start worrying about shit all over again. This is tire-ing and old.

I guess all of you who bashed the damn game into the ground now appreciate it and fear it's going to hell.

Well it's too late.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2006-12-19 05:43 ]</font>
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

I've taken all the safetey measures (close shop, lock room, etc.) and i plan on waiting this out lv'ing an alt.

I remember awhile ago there were rumors that we'd be getting a rollback, and at the time i would've probably quit; but now i kinda wish they would rollback if it would help any.

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

So, let me get this straight.
    The hackers haven't won, but you're quitting the PC version.
    Regardless of rationalization, you've just given them the win. You quit. Like they wanted.

And actually, hacking the 360 wouldn't be that difficult, as long as your computer can check and edit packets as they are going through your network. A computer with internet connection sharing or a gateway would be a prime means of this, and I doubt Sega put any additional packet security on their game for another platform. Sorry, but if these can occur on PC, they can occur on the 360, just that the perpetrators will have to have some additional hardware or a really good, drool proof walkthrough.

Don't tell me that XBox Live would make this any large amount more difficult, it does very little while the game is doing the talking instead of the Live lobby. XBox Live doesn't know that the packet has been altered, and the PSU server sees it as "valid", so everything's kosher.

Essentially, running to Live won't accomplish much.

As for Broom going legit on the 360? He's stated himself that he hates that Sega won't fix things and that he wants it to burn. He'll kill the 360 out of his childish spite as easily as he's attacking the PS2/PC.

Elitist hybrid. Merged classes can be pricks too!

If 360 is hacked, it'll be one or two people. Not the huge amount that exist on PC. PC is just too damn easy to hack, and too easy to come back once banned.

Even if hascks are released for 360, far less would be willing to lose their Live accounts. On PC you can buy a prepaid visa, transfer hacked money and never worry about the account you hacked on ever again.

And on 360 you can create another Silver account and do the same thing. They generally don't bother with a hardware ban, they just kill the account. No difference.

If PSU used only gold accounts, that'd be a different story, but it doesn't.

And all ti takes is 2-3 people to really start the same thing happening on PC. All they'd need is to take 2-3 days of "prep time" to bump up characters with insane meseta before flooding the market.

If it was really that easy I believe it would have been done.

As additional hardware is needed, no I do not believe it will get as bad as PC, ever. People are just too lazy. PC just requires a downloadable program. It's THAT bad. I could deal with it when it was just people selling meseta, but now just anyone can do it?

Yeah, PC is doomed, I'm sorry. I don't care if hackers are reading this and chalking up victories. There is just too little time left in the world to be miserable playing a ruined version of a game that once made you happy. Sorry to be selfish and all, but if sega don't fix this I no longer need to feel this miserable playing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-12-19 06:25 ]</font>

Fair enough. I disagree about the game being ruined, but if it makes you happier to play on the 360, really, more power to you.

Resident loon
    So far outside the box I wrapped back around.

The only way PSU is going to be doomed if people keep doing what you've done. And that's totally wuss out, let the hackers win, and further ruin the PC version by running away and sticking your head in the sand, leaving one less good player to show support for the game and SEGA.

And no I don't consider running off to the 360 like a scared little girl supporting SEGA either. It's pathetic how the game has been out a whole month and people think it's easier to just hide and not even bother trying rather then give SEGA a chance to actually fix it!

First it was oh noes no content gonna doom it, then oh noes prices and grinds, now oh noes hax! Well you know what, the game is still bloody here, and I'm still having fun playing with my circle of friends. Having fun trying to meet new people when I actually find a uni 15 game not locked or people join my open ones. And not about to let any hacker ruin my fun. You'd think reading these forums it'd be the end of the bloody world. And yes a mod here got hacked, high profile perhaps, but is it the end of the world really? Or is it a few isolated incidents that while hrd hitting to those who got hacked, not widespread or a epidemic yet. It's a forum, of course we're going to hear all the bad, because the good like myself usually don't give a damn. Well until I see something like this anyway...

Everyone running off and locking their rooms, and cowering in fear of the hax is exactly the kind of reaction those lowlifes wanted, and it's again pathtic how people keep playing into their hands by acting this way.

Run away if you want, but all I see it as is an act of cowardice from someone who would rather be part of the problem rather then a solution by actually sticking it out.

[/flamerant]

I really don't give a shit, yes I'm entirely selfish but with the option of a cheap 360 and ability to read Japanese, PLUS LEVEL 50+ CHARS ON THE JP SERVER ANYWAY, are you honestly telling me you WOULDN'T go to another platform?

I'm only considering 360 because hey guess what, my friends don't speak Japanese.

What's making me leave is not the room hacking but the frankly RIDICULOUS situation of people paying ANY MONEY AT ALL for relatively easy to get synth items that go for next to nothing on JP, plus fucking 5K for ray photons? Are you SHITTING me? Seriously I'd take my PM being blitzed once a WEEK over this.

You're forgetting I have played the JP market right around this update. The store prices are crazy. Ludicrous. That is hacked meseta in everyone's bank now and you know it.

RIP, PC PSU, just a shame the western players lack respect for others. Seriously, you think JP doesn't have these hacks? Sure they do, and the fact they are not widespread is really telling.

Damn we sure fucking deserved to get locked out of JP right?

2 years of living in Japan has made me no severe japanophile, Japan has an equal about of self serving fucking idiots, they just train them to behave better. Sure they don't always but mostly they keep their dumb traps shut. And their hacks to their own account.