Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Well, okay, I'd be for a full wipe NOW.. but if there were more exploits.. I guess I'd also hope for a 24-48 hour response time so they can just do a day or two roll back instead of a full wipe..

They've let too much time pass with the current exploits to do a roll back now, though.
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

OK. Issue is pretty simple, and highlighted by an encounter 2 days ago.

I was searching shops for Kerseline and bumped across a legit guy with 5 million meseta - he'd just sold a 50% Ice Bone Dance to a guy. We talked for a little while, and a guy came in to this random store we were both in, looked at the shop (which had a bone dance for 1 million in it) and walked away. This guy had maybe 200k meseta on him - I took a look.

The two of us kept talking, and about 20 minutes later this guy came back into the shop - and now, all of a sudden, he had 3 million meseta. IF he'd just had that on another character, why would it have taken him 20 minutes, not 2, to get it?

Nope, he just made it, wanted the bone dance, bought it, and the walked out - and on other servers, a Bone Dance goes for maybe 200-300k, POSSIBLY for that much, but only as a display "Hey, look what I made!"

It's... not all that bad. But still, pretty bad.

Wouldn't mind a wipe. Not like I'm carrying anything that can't be replaced STAT. Just wouldn't want another in D2 right now though... >:/

cRappy Hunter

Anybody remember when the JP PSO EP.II came out on GC and a duping method was quickly found? Then Sega let the Jpeeps trade in their copy of the game for a fixed version and stuffed everybody's bank full of mag cells? I'd be down for that. Especially if it were mag cells in my bank.

A rust storm like Blizzards wouldn't be too bad. Hell, I could probably survive a wipe as well. The problem is that unless the exploits are 100% fixed, which I doubt they'll be, a wipe would just hurt PSU. The cheaters would just gain an even larger advantage over the other players, meaning even more people would get pissed off and leave.

First step is to deal with the exploits and prevent future abuse. As long as people stop selling things badly overpriced and the economy recovers that might be all that's needed.

Meh, I don't feel like making a rant out of this. *walks away*

You do a roll back or a wipe for an American audience for a game like PSU and I garauntee there'll only be 10 people left when the servers go back up. If the exploit isn't fixed when the servers go live again expect said company to die. No ifs and its or buts about it. To do this is to commit suicide, figuratively speaking.

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

On 2006-12-19 23:55, Garnet_Moon wrote:
    You do a roll back or a wipe for an American audience for a game like PSU and I garauntee there'll only be 10 people left when the servers go back up. If the exploit isn't fixed when the servers go live again expect said company to die. No ifs and its or buts about it. To do this is to commit suicide, figuratively speaking.
    This is pretty much true.

Where there are ways to do this with potential success(I.E., someone mentioned earlier about "reselling" the game, practically.) the ideas are too far fetched for them to be even close to guaranteed.

Even if I support a rollback, I highly doubt Sega would be able to recover from that self-inflicted blow.

Sega has too few options to fix anything at this point.

A rollback simply won't happen here in the US. Besides, it's not THAT bad anyways. If you don't like playing with cheaters, blacklist is there for a reason people.
    PSZ : HUnewm Lv85+
    Infinity : Lv128 ; Br28
    -----------------
    Twitter: @Jthreau

tonight i saw a group of hacker on pso... all of them had over 1 million meseta on themself and were making fun by making me talk using the same old hack we pretty mutch all saw on psu, sega need to do something about this really fast before this game become a total joke...

i said pso but meant psu... old habbits