Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

On 2006-12-19 15:34, Candor wrote:
    I just gonna say that a rollback/wipe is the only thing that'll keep me here. if something isn't done i'm moving on to better things.
    Well, my personal preference would be for everyone to end up with equipment based on their character level..

Level 1-10 gets 1 star, 11-20 2 star, 21-30 3 star, etc. until 51-60, and give everything a couple grinds free. Decide what weapons will be given for each class, and give 6 pallete slots total to each player.

Still a total wipe, but at least players end up with decent gear.

As for armor, Yohmei to Newmans, Tenora to Beasts, GRM to others, and at the appropriate star level with neutral element.
    Coming Soon!

On 2006-12-19 15:38, Randomness wrote:
    I just gonna say that a rollback/wipe is the only thing that'll keep me here. if something isn't done i'm moving on to better things.
    Well, my personal preference would be for everyone to end up with equipment based on their character level..

Level 1-10 gets 1 star, 11-20 2 star, 21-30 3 star, etc. until 51-60, and give everything a couple grinds free. Decide what weapons will be given for each class, and give 6 pallete slots total to each player.

As for armor, Yohmei to Newmans, Tenora to Beasts, GRM to others, and at the appropriate star level with neutral element.
    I would puncture my eyes. Tenora armor sucks so much ass without a extra slot...

On 2006-12-19 15:36, mogshaz wrote:
    I still don't understand why you would want a rollback if it isn't proceeded and followed by some patching.
    i wouldn't.

And yea randomness that would be prefered, but not expected.

I'm just full of sunshine today ain't i?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Candor on 2006-12-19 15:45 ]</font>

On 2006-12-19 15:41, Ryoki wrote:
    On 2006-12-19 15:38, Randomness wrote:

I would puncture my eyes. Tenora armor sucks so much ass without a extra slot...
    Hey, under my idea, you'd be getting 5* Tenora.
    Coming Soon!

On 2006-12-19 15:43, Candor wrote:
    On 2006-12-19 15:36, mogshaz wrote:
    I still don't understand why you would want a rollback if it isn't proceeded and followed by some patching.
    i wouldn't.

And yea randomness that would be prefered, but not expected.

I'm just full of sunshine today ain't i?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Candor on 2006-12-19 15:45 ]</font>
    I am sorry, i was asking in general. Normally when this thread pops up it just mentions the rollback which will do nothing but pissoff the legit users if it doesn't succeed in at least stopping the PM bombing.

i would hope ST isn't stupid enough to rollback without first having a fix, so i thought it was implied.

I like Randomness's idea too. I'd go for that as well.

My original idea was meseta wipe and item wipe, save for equipped items and what's on your action palette. Granted, it allows one to bring in a host of A ranks maybe they dont deserve, but its not terribly many, and the upside is it allows those who worked hard and deserve what they own at least bring some of it with them. PM levels are untouched, as are character development. Room decorations? I really dont see the need to wipe those, but I'm not going to miss them either.

Anyway, Randomness's idea is good. I'd support that too. Wish they'd do it actually, but like I said, not going to happen. I wrote them Sunday about these issues and straight out asked them for a reply or some action, or an announcement - somthing - anything at all - acknowledgement? what they will do? - by Friday am, else I am done myself. Its Tuesday. They have some time yet, but the talk on the official forums gives me the hint that it would be a terribly hard sell, and then there are the technical woes. Wouldnt kill them to at least say something.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-12-19 15:56 ]</font>

On 2006-12-19 15:49, Candor wrote:
    i would hope ST isn't stupid enough to rollback without first having a fix, so i thought it was implied.
    Yeah... that goes without saying, but with people's opinion of ST...
    Coming Soon!

On 2006-12-19 15:53, Randomness wrote:
    On 2006-12-19 15:49, Candor wrote:
    Yeah... that goes without saying, but with people's opinion of ST...
    I hope you don't expect better from them, cause you're in for a let down if you expect too much.

There's always the option of actually DOING these major re-writes and hiring an outside firm (NOT GAMEGUARD) to handle security. Then simply re-releasing the game in the west with a lot more content unlocked, some new stuff, perhaps a free month or two, and a bunch of goodies for people who migrate over. Within a year or so - shut down the current PSU servers - ala JP Ep I & II v 1.0.

So long as the cheating doesn't get too bad, they could perhaps even bring over charaters that are properly wiped of meseta, items, ect so that you don't lose TOTAL progress.

Although, I think by that point, it's pretty much a fruitless effort trying to get their customer base back.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!