Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

On 2006-12-20 03:46, etlitch wrote:
    Account number. They exist for an reason.
    Yeah. Because Sonic Team are retards.

Every other single fucking online RPG force people to have unique names, which prevent this kind of stuff from happening (although it is a source of drama and therefore of lulz).

But no, apparently in the ass backward world of sonic team, it's more convenient for players to have to use fucking numbers to distinguish between people.

really in a perfect word it should be name and number, but sonic team seems to want to take teh easy way out everytime. production value can be low (like PSU) but you have to have all your I dotted and T's crossed. That's not the case though. still very fun, but really could have been over the top if they would have taken the time to do so.

Ever thought of it backwards? How about, it's not that bad with different account numbers and same character names, since you can check the account number just within a couple of key taps. Someone's not checking account numbers. It's their problem.

Hmm I was going to grind Onma B for MP since I can't find a competant S group, but if there's a 10* rod in question I may have to go anyway.

remembering account numbers...?

This has been going on for a long time. The first time Broomop was in the lobby bragging about what he did I was there. While he was talking I suddenlt started receiving mail from a player I had never met. They just kept mailing me. I found them sitting in a corner of the lobby and blacklisted them.

On 2006-12-20 07:11, etlitch wrote:
    Ever thought of it backwards? How about, it's not that bad with different account numbers and same character names, since you can check the account number just within a couple of key taps. Someone's not checking account numbers. It's their problem.
    Remembering and comparing numbers is fine for computers. It is not for human beings.

In this day and age it's incredibly lazy and stupid in an online game to force people to identify things with bunch of numbers instead of textual names.

Your way of thinking is backwards indeed. If names were unique, you wouldn't need a couple of key taps to check an account number. Your brain can tell you directly if you recognize a name or not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MORB on 2006-12-20 07:47 ]</font>

On 2006-12-20 07:45, MORB wrote:
    On 2006-12-20 07:11, etlitch wrote:
    Remembering and comparing numbers is fine for computers. It is not for human beings.

In this day and age it's incredibly lazy and stupid in an online game to force people to identify things with bunch of numbers instead of textual names.
    I kinda agree, except mine is easy as hell to remember....

Um isn't this like looking at the license plate on a car?

okay..dumb question...

how do I find a user's ID number in Simple Mail? X3