Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast

Thread: Girls on PSu

On 2006-12-28 07:02, shadrad wrote:
    Perhaps the more appropriate question to ask is 'why does it matter' if someone who is playing is a girl or boy? If they suck at playing, they suck. Don't go easy on them if they're a bad party member. If they're a good player, let 'em know, or play with them more often.

Believe it or not, girls aren't that fragile. Maybe I don't speak for the rest of my gender, but generally my experience is that girls would prefer to be treated without consideration for their RL gender. Certainly I prefer it that way. It simply isn't a factor-- and for players where it /is/ a factor (who want people to 'go easy' or 'be nice to them' because they're girls), they can go off and find something more rewarding to do with their overly sensitive selves than princess around on the internet.

At the same time, admittedly, I get no small amount of amusement to watch my friends who are IRL guys on female characters get hit on repeatedly. I tend to be able to avoid this by playing a small child character with an enormous battle axe. Also, I invested in /real/ pants.

For some reason, this topic keeps popping up at my usual haunts in the last few days. I've been online since Prodigy and Compuserve had stuff to do, and though I avoided MMOs until I found one that I could cater to my tight schedule, it's not like I don't know tons of girls who play games online. Most just prefer not to disclose their gender for these very reasons-- not just 'getting hit on' or, sadly, sexual harassment, but that they don't want it to /matter/ if they've got boobs or not when they're kicking back to level or farm.
    I think why it matters for the TC is due to the fact that it is easier for most people to establish a sense of camaraderie with people who are a lot like you.

The type of friendships that last over MMOs are just that, solid friendships. None of that horny stalker crap a lot of girls get. And I think the TC is trying to find people, in this case girls, who she could befriend more easily.

While there are more important factors that go into finding someone you would like to pal around with such as, upbringing, sociability, hell, even game type preference, there is no denying that gender does play a role in how well you can "bond" with someone at certain levels.

Paragon of Style

On 2006-12-28 04:55, PLURSprout wrote:
    On 2006-12-28 01:19, Neoistheone wrote:
    hmm iv only ran it to two girl on PSU 360 one is from Hawaii and the other is from Texas the Hawaiian is 56 years old and the Texan is 20-ish and did i mention that the Texan is even more special and hard to find (shes African American RARE) BTW im not raciest and didn't meen for it to sound so so don't reply back with hate mail
    Wow... I didn't know African Americans were rares in this game. So um, how many stars are we? And can I sell myself on the player market for 3 billion meseta?
    Actually we are rares, just not that rare cause i've met a surprise amount of other black people in this game too. Well, black males aren't THAT rare, but black females in this or any online game are 12 stars!!!

On 2006-12-28 07:26, Sychosis wrote:
    ... there is no denying that gender does play a role in how well you can "bond" with someone at certain levels.
    Only in respect to how you were socialized to act with certain genders. *blah blah blah, ensuing discussion about sex and sexuality that's so played out already*

I personally have played with female players, but at the same time, I automatically assume every player is neuter until proven otherwise. (Which is my attitude towards the internet in general, and one of the main reasons why I love it.)

I would probably suggest to the TC to try and create a guild for female players if she wanted to meet more women into PSU. Otherwise, good luck!

On 2006-12-28 07:50, Ronzeru wrote:
    hmm iv only ran it to two girl on PSU 360 one is from Hawaii and the other is from Texas the Hawaiian is 56 years old and the Texan is 20-ish and did i mention that the Texan is even more special and hard to find (shes African American RARE) BTW im not raciest and didn't meen for it to sound so so don't reply back with hate mail
    Wow... I didn't know African Americans were rares in this game. So um, how many stars are we? And can I sell myself on the player market for 3 billion meseta?
    Actually we are rares, just not that rare cause i've met a surprise amount of other black people in this game too. Well, black males aren't THAT rare, but black females in this or any online game are 12 stars!!!
    Yeah, I've met a lot of Black mailes in the game and somehow Beasts are their favorite race.

I'm the only black female i've met in the game. o.O

On 2006-12-28 05:56, Sychosis wrote:
    On another note my little brother has about a dozen girls in his share of the partner card list. I'm not sure how he does it. Maybe it's his voice seeing as he is almost 13 and sounds pretty girly over the mic?
    Some people say I sound like a little boy on the mic. I think the mic can be very tricky and stuff.

I DO NOT SOUND LIKE A BOY!

Dragon King

On 2006-12-28 09:02, MayLee wrote:
    Yeah, I've met a lot of Black mailes in the game and somehow Beasts are their favorite race.

Im black and I refuse to play Beasts, they're such a stereotypical race, and look at Laia Martinez, and Beasts used to be former slaves who were only used as slaves cause of their physical strengths. So all black people go make newmans casts and humans to break the stereotype!

Prophet of the Dark One

You know whats sad? When a guy finds out that the character he plays with is a girl,then theres always a huge chance that he wont stop flirting with her. Not only that theres also a chance that he might actually fall for that person. I swear people these days...

On 2006-12-28 11:46, mariwan wrote:
    You know whats sad? When a guy finds out that the character he plays with is a girl,then theres always a huge chance that he wont stop flirting with her. Not only that theres also a chance that he might actually fall for that person. I swear people these days...
    Beleive me, it happened to me already.

People are weird. o.O

On 2006-12-28 09:02, MayLee wrote:

LMAO at the first post andgigles the whole way through.Ya know my ex is black and use to play course she had a character on my account.She just got her own gamertag though she still hasnt sent me a friend request(oh btw yes we are still friends).So yeah on PSU looks like you may be a super rare maylee .

However she does play WoW and love the FF series so i dont know does that qualify,Neoistheone,as a 12 star rare in your book? XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pentence on 2006-12-28 14:15 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pentence on 2006-12-28 14:16 ]</font>
    -=Role Players Union=-If your into rp light heavy or otherwise please join up

You should get her into PSU, I would so like to join a party with her.