The past few days, my latest project has been to level up my FG(Davros). My FG friend suggested that Xbows as well as Dual Handguns and rifle where probably one of the best FG weps and I should start levelling the corresponding PA's for aforementioned weapons.

I always knew that bullet PA's are considered 'tough' to level up but my first alt on PSU was a Newman FTr so I know about levelling up 'tough' PA's.I even levelled up a few longbow bullet PA's to 30 and didnt think it was that bad.

Question. So far I have not been to suprised other than TWO things regarding difficulty(and it is early days so forgive me if I'm talking crap). 1/ Dual Handguns PA's are much easier than I expected. 2/ XBows are VERY hard... 1=11 was tough.... literally my alt was levelling up faster than the PA(wow they made it easy to level). So, Is it WORTH it to level XBow PA's as a proirity in these 'early' days? my 'fire' one is 14... and that was tough!. I have been levelling fire(forgive me too tired to remember name) as IMO SE effects are one of the FG's offensive strengths and destructiveness. I have also been doing this at the expense of levelling other weapons PA's?

Going back to SE's. Am I right here? I NEVER played gunners, not even on PSO. However from what I've observed many times it APPEARS the ability of gunner types to infict these SE effects probably does more than the 'initial bullet damage'.

Taking that view into account, I decided that levelling fire, and dark bullets is wise as these effects cause real damage(as opposed to silence) any advice here?

Of course, I realise that this all falls apart when it comes to fighting bosses and possibily enemies with high STA... in fact... regarding this... what do gunners normaly do as other than a few bosses like Omnagoug and to some extent Magus(Desert Goliath is a mission I intend to run a lot for Rattlesnake, Orpa, Blackbull and fun).

Oh yes, coming now to mission. The missions I intend to use this guy for at FIRST are. True Darkness S, Desert Goliath S2, Mother Brain S and any other mission thay drops gunner weps(GoF's?).

What PA's should I be concentrating on? I hear a lot about Killer bullet and I have it levelled to 12 in anticipation of the time I'll be fighting the robots on DG, GoF, ER etc.

As I said, I will be running True Darkness S for a while until I hit 80(and have good PA's to do the other Gunner drop missions).

What do would be considered the best PA's/weps to use for True Darkness(I see gunners using a lot of fire bullets, traps and of course SUV's). I remember that 1up I was really suprised at how well gunners faired on Hive missions AND Moatoob(good gunners that is).

Oh yeah, I would imagine I will be soloing these missions a lot of the time. Thanks for any help and advice. As usual, sorry for bad spelling, grammer, etc as usual I am tired. Any advice on any of the questions I have here or general advice on raising a good FG are welcome. I know this post is long and has a lot of questions but ANY advice is welcomed and really appreciated!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turbobrain on 2008-01-02 21:56 ]</font>