Threaded View

Default PSIV insta-kill monster

Just wondering if anyone noticed that a 3rd generation (I don't think you'll meet them in the 2nd) character's quest involves a monster who seems to only have one regular attack and it is insta-kill. Near the end of the first gen quest, you see that giant lizard-like slasher standing in the back. He wags the ball on his tail for a glorious attack. Well, in the 3rd gen, when you are on Aridia: his 3rd version which I believe is called Gnasher and is pinkish/white, does that as his only attack and it kills someone without fail and doesn't miss.

I had a group of monsters get the jump on me as they sometimes do. There were 2 gnashers in the back. With their free first round shots, they took out Sean (the main) and Wren. Wouldn't you know they must have rolled a ridiculous initiative save and went early in the next round taking out 2 more chars. Eventually one of them cleaned up the last char in the next round. That was humbling for a PS veteran (far from my first time playing the game) but nonetheless unavoidable -- oh well.
    Last edited by voodlar; May 8, 2009 at 01:28 PM.