Threaded View

Talking US Version Online Community XD

Me, and I'm sure everybody here like me, are currently enjoying the hell out of the PSP2 demo. Sure, the inconsistencies with the translations, not to mention the removed cutscene voice overs make me kinda sad, but playing online for 2 days reminded me of my biggest concern with the US release - the community.

I've found a number of parties with descriptions saying "GIRLS ONLY" or "LOOKING FOR GIRLFRIEND" and just today there's one looking for "HOT GUYS ONLY" with even threats on kicking you out (in all caps) if you're not the hot stuff they are looking for. Not only that,, I've been kicked a few times with no explanation. I was even called a monk, yet the guy never heard of the word Buddhist. There's another party with members swearing and calling other members "homo". Although it kinda makes me giggle when some players use random Japanese gibberish they probably picked up from Naruto or Bleach as their Auto Word - ah weaboos, gotta love em.

In short, this could turn into PSU360 part II - fortunately, without voice chat and hearing some 10 yr old calling me a faggot as he brags about his angel wings and dark costume.

What do you think?
    Any funny PSP2 Online Multiplayer stories to share?

EDIT: Oh yeah I almost forgot - do we still have a PSP2 chatroom? That'd be great. See ya guys online
    Last edited by Immovable One; Aug 21, 2010 at 04:55 AM.
    PSO2 JP
    Sega ID: Elternteil
    アリサ・ランディール
    (Alis Landale)
    Female HUmar
    Ship 2