Threaded View

Question Connection Issues

Good morning everyone, I've been a long time lurker on these forums and love the community that has supplied a lot of very useful information since the original PSO til now. I was hoping you all can help me or had a solution to it if it happened to you.

Here's the issue:

I was able to download PSO2 updates from the game itself just fine last Tuesday since this last update. On Wednesday morning, I kept getting the Error 105. Researched it and the solutions haven't worked.

Using the Tweaker was the same thing. It hangs on the updating patch server and completes saying it's done. No progress bar or anything like it did in the past. Start the game and it was not updated. Used the Fix Connections on the Tweaker, same thing.

Uninstall it and Re-install with AIDA's english installation, same 105, File Check through PSO2, error 103. I go to SEGA's PSO2 site to download the game, the connection times out. Weird... Unplugged cable modem and router for a minute and turn on. Same thing. My laptop with PSO2, same thing. Must be my network?

I checked the router and cable modem software. All ports open. Nothing was changed.

Learning about HotSpot Shield from one of the posts here, installed it, and it everything works fine. I disconnect HotSpot and it doesn't update or downloads the client from the PSO2 website. What could have happened from Tuesday night when I was able to connect and play to Wednesday where I find out HotSpot Shield was needed to update and play the game? Any ideas? Thank you for taking the time to read this.

tl;dr: Could play PSO2 last Tuesday just fine, after the Wednesday update I need HotSpot Shield to update the client. No router or cable modem settings were changed.
    Last edited by hadoukyuu; Sep 30, 2013 at 07:40 AM.