Threaded View

Default Let the site owner weigh in on the private server ban.

Because the previous topic was locked before I could offer a solid rebuttal, I am making a new topic. I don't care if I get in trouble for this because I want this to be addressed by someone higher up than a moderator on a power trip.

I think we need to have the site owner weigh in on this. The mods are defending the rule that prevents us from discussing private PSO1 servers because of some misguided interpretation of certain premises that no longer apply. Namely, there are no official PSO1 servers anymore. (They don't seem to care, and made up new reasons for the rule which are very weak.)

I wanted to contact Tomeeboy because I am certain he would say something like, "What? THAT old rule? They were still defending it and thinking it mattered? Hahahaha!" I gamed with him back on PSO GC, and he was always way more easygoing than his mods. I'm sure he hasn't logged in to PSOW for years, and none of his contact info appears to be relevant any longer.

So, mods, have Tomeeboy look at this and see if the rule still applies. We need an official ruling from someone other than a moderator. Make sure he gets ALL of the info from both sides. He probably isn't even aware that there are no official PSO1 servers anymore, and I fear you would give him a one-sided story to get the judgment you want. I'm relying on you to present this with some integrity.

(I mean, seriously, what does it take to be a mod here? I once saw a mod whose highest level on PSO was Lv. 120. Do you know how LITTLE a person knows about PSO when they only have a single Lv. 120? And THAT qualifies them to be a mod? I have eight Lv. 200s spanning from GC Vanilla to *censored* server on PSO BB, and I'm still learning new things about the game.)

Let's get this reviewed by the site owner. You guys are doing a huge disservice to PSO fans by refusing to operate in reality or even take a serious look at this.

Nobody even took two minutes to actually look into the rule. They just follow a post from some mod who hasn't posted since 2007. That's encouraging...
    Last edited by MidCap; Mar 14, 2016 at 03:35 AM.