Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by StreetFighter2242 View Post
    And this is one of those things that happens when you bring back a series that was not meant to continue....

Now don't get me wrong PSO from PSU to PSO2 (And Idola) was cool and all, but these are as much as they are "PS" games as Dragon Ball Super was ...Well Dragon Ball (Okay Z as well but that's another story,) And now the series has become something it never was (Semi Hentai, Waifu Party) When will the madness end? When Sega Has ruined every bit of it's reputation?? i hope not because that would really SUCK!

Let's be honest, this is getting out of hand even for a "Phantasy Star" game. But yeah,, The times and all.

But couldn't it have been with a different, ip? a new franchise? Why can they just stick to their mandate and just let the series RIP after 4?

Isn't that so hard to just LEAVE THINGS ALONE?

i'm not trying to crap on anyone's fond memories of these 3D games or the western release of PSO2 (i plan to still play it ...and maybe the other 3D games eventually,) Nor do i disregard what each game post classic has accomplished in their own right, I just hate what it's become.

Bringing back a series is one thing, but it's definitely another when you strip it of it's identity, and turn it into what it never was,
    I kinda see where you're coming from, but I think your issue starts almost solely with PSO2.

PSO EP1&2 were very well realized games in terms of their background lore and mystery, and felt very much like Phantasy Star, and while EP3 is kind of a different beast, I felt it played well in to the foundation set by the first two. PSO2 was also OK for the first couple of episodes, it was a cool vibe, being in a post-ep1&2 by about a hundred or so years environment. Where it really went off the rails was the Summoner episode when they tied it in to the anime. That's kind of when things just got really...weird.

I haven't played for a few episodes now, but that's about the time where I started thinking, "So like...I kinda miss the brooding, dark, under the hood story-telling of PSO" and got the vibe that the game was going full fan-service without shame but...the gameplay is still bar-none some of the best in the business, so that's enough to keep people playing.
    Last edited by Zipzo; Jun 21, 2019 at 05:45 PM.