Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You got any ID?

On 2006-04-22 17:13, Lenard wrote:
    "dont hate the man, hate the establishment."
    aside from the actual rant here itself, this is a very good point. Most of those who work these places are just their for the work. They did not sign up to deal with a hundred diffrent peoples problem. If you have a friggen problem, drop the issue with the cashier and take it up with a higher up in the business or your state's/province's beuracracy. Of course, if your an ignorant bastard, don't even bother.

I never complain about ID stuff, for starters I'm 16 so I already know not try and buy the stuff. So as such I don't even bother trying to get someing above PG-13 movie, game, or otherwise. Most of the higher rated stuff isn't even worth the time to try and risk getting it without an ID. If you even have a doubt you can't get it without an ID you don't have, don't even bother. You'll save yourself and the cashier more time.

Tired Cynic

I work at an off-licence. I have to ID anyone who looks under 21. If I fail a test purchase, I get an on-the-spot £80 fine for sure, and possibly other action taken. I'll also come at the very least close to losing my job.

So forgive me if I consider my money and my job more important than your damn alcohol (not targeting anyone here, just a general statement). If you really want that alcohol, you carry ID. If you don't, it's your fault, and you're not getting it. Tough shit, huh.

I totally sympathize with anyone who has to ID people in the course of their work, some people don't seem to get it that quite frankly saying how old you are/producing a bank card ("Look! Under 18s cannot have this card!")/producing a student card (goddammit, they are not valid proof of age) isn't gonna cut any ice. It's my job, I'm afraid. Lame excuses aren't proof of anything.

Funny story, I once ID'd a chav who then declared quite loudly on his mobile to his mate 'I wanna kick this f***ing moron's head in, he's ID'd me.'

That said, I have a million stories of pure rage and ignorance, but that's a matter for another topic. Maybe.