Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Gotta say Space, the comment was entirely out of line and un-called for. Out of respect thats something that should never be said, that the innocent deserved it. I have no say in what my government does, the wars it fights overseas or the people that are killed by bombings, fuck even our own soldiers get killed by friendly fire. I'll be the first to agree that not alot of shit in the high-end decision-making of America is 'kosher', but it's out of the majorities hands. Shit even Bush has a VERY low 'approval' rating, but that doesn't mean anyone can fix the problem.

But to say that innocent people 'had it coming to them', thats quite fucked up. And you're teetering very close to sounding just like those extremists in the video. "There are no innocents."

Put it like this, if you'd say that at a funeral for those that died there, or at a memorial for the innocent that died there, there'd be nothing left of you after the crowd was done. And to be honest, I'm rather surprised members of that family aren't missing already.
    Look, he did it again.

I never said anything about there being no innocents...what I meant was something like that was bound to happen sooner or later. hell, better some towers blow up and kill 4000 than someone buys/makes a nuke and levels a city.

I just forgot the point I was trying to make here.

I think there seems to be a "bloodthirsty America" or "evil America" point of view. That our country is a war mongering nation and just doing it because we enjoy it. I think if you study history you'll see how mild this 'war' is. I am not trying to trivialize it but understand that if America was warmongering we could cause more destructino then the world has ever seen, and that is without nukes. I think people should also try and understand that the leaders who "started" the war do honestly believe it was a cause worth fighting for. Agree or disagree but don't question their motives when your energy would be better placed elsewhere.
    Orange Hand. CZ-75b.

I like girls.

Totaly agree Jehosaphaty....

I dont consider Christianity as a religion, more a faith.

Killing you and loving it!

On 2006-05-03 15:34, Charmander02 wrote:
    Totaly agree Jehosaphaty....

I dont consider Christianity as a religion, more a faith.
    LOL what do you mean it's not a religion? You call it a faith instead? Not sure of what the difference is that you are trying to imply.

And to Space_Butler, I can only say that you must love saying things to get people stirred up. If you were to say that in America, you would be protected by the 5th amendment.

But the 5th will not stop people from beating the crap out of you. Your hateful, insipid comments only prove one thing: you are an A-Hole.

I must appologize to everyone else reading this, but people like that tick me off.

The point was made earlier in this thread, and it was true: Space_Butler is not that different than the hate-mongering hypocrates this thread was started to dicuss.

Uh, Boxblaster, God Hates America.com is RUN by Fred Phelps. It's one of his several hateful and disgusting pages. I went ahead and clicked the link, and I must say, these guys are making even LESS sense than the last time I checked the pages.

(completly off topic but in video production kids had to make commercials, and one guy made a commercial of two cigarettes standing up burning down [twin towers, 9/11], then ran some statistics. It ended up that every two days, the death toll from 9/11 was matched by smoking related deaths)

On topic: My view on religion is that there is little to no truth in it (I did a paper on this a while back btw >.>). First off, the bible was written centuries after Jesus' death. Assuming Jesus was an actual person, and the son of god, his stories MUST have changed within centuries. I mean, think about high school, and think about how stories change within a day. And another thing, the bible was written in Latin. Anytime you translate there's a loss in meaning, because there is no exact translation and translating requires some interpretation. I'll stop here to save your eyes.

On a side note, Phelp & Co.'s assertions that those laws that prevent them from screaming that the deceased is buring in hell at a funeral is unconstitutional is utterly insipid. True, we have freedom of speech in America, but not totally unlimited. For instance, you're not allowed to say "I'VE GOT A BOMB AND A GUN!" on a loaded airplane mid-flight, and then claim that it was okay because "Hey, I can say whatever I want! Freedom of speech, man!" Yeah, no.

As a libertarian, I'm totally in favor of freedom of speech. But, what Phelps and his hate-mongers are doing is not an issue of freedom of speech. It's an issue of decency, of which they have none.

And those Patriot Guard Riders are cool dudes. If I could, I would join them, but I'm underage and I don't have a motorcycle.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2006-05-04 14:36 ]</font>

The ironic thing about all this is our soldiers are fighting for people's rights to do and say shit like this. That's what gets on my fucking nerves. While I don't wish death on them, I do wish they'd open their fucking eyes to the ignorant shit they're doing.

As for space_butler's comment, I understand where you're coming from, but you have to understand two things: first of all, people dying in such a way as this is nothing to shrug your shoulders about. You would be feeling much different if your family and friends were in that tower. Secondly, Great Britain is hundreds of years old. America, officially, is approximately 250 years old. We, as a country, are still an infant. We are NOT used to terrorism of this magnitude on our front doorstep. Maybe buildings, trains, and monuments blow up on a regular basis in Europe, but we on this side of the world do not have that happen every rise of the sun, so pardon us for getting all uppity and wanting to kick someone's ass for this atrocity.

And how the hell are Americans arrogant? Ignorant most of the time, maybe... but arrogant? If you can explain to me how America is arrogant, then I won't believe you to be a hypocrit and a 'hater'.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WraithVerge on 2006-05-04 22:42 ]</font>

I heard some preacher say alot of people went to hell on 911. Such a happy religion.