Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

From reading the guides you can change the element of you bullets when ever you want unlike blade weapons. So guns appear to be more versatile. I want to make a cast in to a Ranger/Hunter (what ever its called) . I wanted to know if I should focus on making spears and sabers first then guns later?

Also is there a very big advantage to making gun weapons, or is better to save materials to make blades?

From what I can tell, all guns are exactly the same when crafted. Blade weapons however, can only be given an element when they're crafted, and even then the exact % is fairly random. So if you had to pick one to craft, I'd go with blade weapons

If you pick a Cast you automatically start out as Ranger class, so might as well start out with guns since Casts excel with them.

PSU Machinema Producer

I'd start lvling a bit your ranger part and then do your hunter part, and make swords with all elements first.

Veteran Fighter

?? the heck, switch to Hunter as soon as possible level up hunter to job10 then go fiddle around with rangers. Hunters are easier to play than rangers just because of their ability to do damage in the early game.

First thing you should realize is that unlocking the Hybrid classes will probably take at least a week of nonstop play, the next thing you should realize is that Ranger sucks so I would just concentrate on making your Partner Machine good at melee weapons.

I'm laughing at Vandals above post, I thought you finally liked Ranger?

I'll agree with Kaply to a degree, Hunter isn't necessarily easier... But it might be best to switch to it ASAP.

Veteran Fighter

Well, early on, with Hunters, you buy a pa and a couple of cheap weapons and spam the pa through a mission and it'll go by quickly. In the mid levels, a hunter adds so much to a group it's insane. The only thing as a hunter that I would look for in groups is another hunter and one force (heal bot!). This is with the current caps in place. I would want one ranger for a dragon run but sometimes that's not even necessary if it never takes off the ground.

exactly the same? but Ive seen guns with different photon colors/elements?

I guess that depends on the Bullet you equip them right?

but for blades, the photon color depends on what you use to create them with?

Thanks for the posts. I should make some sabers first before I make a handgun. The saber will have the elements I need and the bullets in the handgun will match the saber.
    Anyone know what the advantages of making ranged weapons is?