Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

You don't have to play with people from other countries. There may be a few here and there, but the majority will be Americans. Also, English is pretty well known in Europe. It is easy to play with friends that you know, and I am sure someone that speaks only Japanese will not want to play with an English speaking group.

Voice Chat should not be a problem. You don't have to stop fighting to type, therefore, there will be much longer conversations on the 360 in game. No one wants to stop fighting to chat.

On 2006-10-10 09:22, Soulvayne wrote:
    On 2006-10-10 01:35, ShurikenShino wrote:
    I didn't like the voice chat for Xbox Pso which is why I oppted for PC instead of X360. Voice chat isnt that great if its regional as I dobt many people could have a proper conversation with a Japanese person.. or even someone from other european countries unless they spoke english themselves.

At least using a keyboard you can pick up simple words rather than trying to pronounce them or whatever.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShurikenShino on 2006-10-10 01:36 ]</font>
    Amazingly quite alot of people in Japan actually know how to speak english. Another reason for this combined JP/EU/US 360 servers is because of troops stationed in Japan, I've come at least 6-7 Military members stationed over in Japan while playing on Chromehounds.
    yeah thats true to the main citys. i think there educational system teaches them english aslong as your in one of the captal citys. Only reason i know this tho is my girlfrend is a East Asian Studies major at Vanderbuilt and is trying to get me to move with her to JP when she graduates. She keeps telling me i should be ok even with no skill in then jp lang. i think i might take her up on that being a eletronic production major i think it might be interesting to snag a job at a JP anmation studio... a guy can dream rigth ><.

On 2006-10-10 09:34, GIHeavyDuty wrote:
    yeah thats true to the main citys. i think there educational system teaches them english aslong as your in one of the captal citys. Only reason i know this tho is my girlfrend is a East Asian Studies major at Vanderbuilt and is trying to get me to move with her to JP when she graduates. She keeps telling me i should be ok even with no skill in then jp lang. i think i might take her up on that being a eletronic production major i think it might be interesting to snag a job at a JP anmation studio... a guy can dream rigth ><.
    Cool and Good luck with that Yeah it was always funny though playing FFXI when you'd have some
    JP players in a party with US players, generally US players how no idea what JP players are typing in kanji(sp? and I believe thats the right term) while JP players tend to understand a good amount of what US players are typing in party chat.