Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

On 2006-10-26 22:31, Deja wrote:
    I'm just wondering, it seems you can't upgrade/grind/do anything with store-bought weapons. I went to a "weapons upgrade" shop and they said they can't do anything with my weapon.
    All my stuff is store bought and I've added grinders and Photon Arts to all of them. You just have to go to the right weapons upgrade shop for the brand of weapon you have, a move I find to be incredibly stupid on Sega's part but whatever, I'll live.

As for adding elements, yeah, you can only do that with weapons you make.

The Parum and Neudaiz Synth shops sell all B rank weapons and armor for their respective manufacturers up to one rank beyond what is sold in the shops (5* B Rank vs 4 Star B Rank). Supposedly there are 6* B rank boards that are drops in the higher level missions at the moment. If you want the best items possible for now, get one of the 9000 boards and create a level 1 char with the highest luck level for the week and just synth it with basic photons. Just about all the weapon/armor boards have 3 capacity (meaning you get 3 shots for your 9k board). This means if you get what you want and have spare synth mats, make more and sell them to people! You'll get your cash back and your new item. I made a 5* Durandal this morning with light attribute for hunting in Linear Line, had almost an 80% success rate.

For the time being, the only advantage to synthing is it takes you a level beyond what shops sell, and lets you set elements. Once you get an approriate PM levelled up, it opens up a whole new world of potential items and higher stats.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Darkmgl on 2006-10-27 22:58 ]</font>

i tried to synth some weapon but it failed so i lost over 4k worth of materials.

Synthing seems like a good idea as long as you can make at least 2 or 3 of the item, so you can at least get some meseta back.

Why don't buy a bargain weapon from other players. LOL

Wepaon upgrade counters can only upgrade their own brand. When the brand on the wepaon - that colored logo in the upperleft corner of the info screen.

Maybe I missed it in the database, but is there anywhere that has a listing of how many of each material are needed to make an item with a board. There are some weapon boards that cost $4,300 that I would buy, but on the buy screen it just does you what materials you need, not how many of each, and two of them I only have one of each. I'm worried if I buy the board I'll need like 4 more or something, and I'd rather save my money at the moment if that's the case.

Whoops, found it in the database. However for all the weapons I'm looking at, it doesn't list the specifics for those weapons yet

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SailorDaravon on 2006-10-28 07:19 ]</font>