Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A fact is that Wii has online capabilities; 24/7 connection.

The question is: Is it possible to play PSO ONLINE on the Wii?

It's been getting to me that I should just sell off PSO if I can't play online on the Wii.

So do you think it's possible?

(sorry if this question has been asked; I haven't been here in several months)

If not, I'll skip it and get PSU instead.

I think no one knows for sure, a this point.
    My guess, though, would be that it's not possible. That's because the Wii's network is different from the Gamecube's. (And I'm hoping, of course, that I'm wrong about this. )

Maybe yes, maybe not. Obviously everyone knows that the Wii has the ability to play gamecube games, but for certain conditions, It can't be played online. I've heard rumors (rumors, not facts!!) That maybe they will plan to lanch PSU to Wii. It also says that the Mii that you make in the Wii, will change the game a bit.
    NOTE: THIS IS JUST A RUMOR SO, DON'T GET EXCITED ABOUT IT, O---K?!?!

A network card and a wireless adapter are 2 very different things. I highly doubt Nintendo will take the time to create some sort of hardware/software compatibility for just 2 online games and a few LANs games.

it all depends on if the wii is backwards compatible on how the cube respectively PSU handled the hardware.
    「愛と空の女王様」を言でもいい。 We are Heroes. This is what we do!

Well, I guess I'll get PSU for the PC instead.

See you guys online in December.

The Yellow Samurai

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible, it's a program and can be recoded.

the wii controller would be interesting, set it so when you swing the toon swing, hold a button and swing > do a photo art. it would be interesting.

PSO software is programmed specifically for a network card not for a wireless adapter. Unless Sega rerelease PSO with the right standards, 802.11g/b Then it won't work.

wii alrdy has a network USB card so yea what you talking about? and what you saying doesnt make sense for me its like saying if if break my ethernet port but have wirelss capablities i wont be able to play games online. also even if what you say is right people will work around it its nintendo comes out. people made their nintendo ds and sp's a freaking tv tuner moivie player and mp3 alot of wierd stuff.

Sega did not write software for a USB wireless adapter. Just because things connect to the internet, it does not magically happen. There are certain protocols, standards, and software that needs to be written in order for it to work.

What you are talking about Shinomaru is a hardware issue, not a software issue.

Those examples that you give are completely new pieces of hardware and software. PSO is on a ROM disk so unless sega rerelease PSO it is not going to happen.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: metatime on 2006-11-17 23:39 ]</font>