Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I carry weapons other than casting ones on my Force, and I have no problem switching between them in the midst of a battle.

Once you get used to how your weapons are layed out (and stick with one setup), you can effortlessly go to the opposite end of your weapon palette, without thinking (this is using a controller, at least). For example, I have my Spear in the second slot, and my Wand with Resta and Reverser in the sixth slot. If I'm in, say, Hakura Temple, and come across those Force enemies, I'll use my Spear, because the damage is much more efficient than nuking. When they hit people, or I need to remove status effects?

Hold B, press RB three times, release B. Now I'm ready to heal and remove status effects. Three pulls of the right trigger while holding B, and I'm back to my Spear. It's not hard - really easy, in fact.

Of course, the problem with this, lies in that War/Guntecher can only use Wands, and not Rods. If they were able to use Rods, the number of spells they could have on the palette at once, would effectively double. So, you just have to work around this, and you'll do just fine.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

As for the whole not-having-enough-slots-for-ur-techs thing, Rods can have 4 techs bound to them, so if u carry enough weps u should be able to have all the techs u need close at hand. I carry 2 Rods and a Wand myself, so I have a total of 10 techs that I can use quickly. Yes, it does take time to switch weps to cast, but no more time than it would take to use a tech from the quick-menu in PSO. I don't see it as a problem, just a change in strategy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nayla on 2006-11-06 10:21 ]</font>

ALSO some hybrid classes are better then the pure because they get exculsive Weapons. for example Only Figunner can have Double Saber while Pure hunter cant. also some hybrid classes have better ranks in weapons that a pure mite not.

Shino - True

And of course, no Expert Class is forever. As long as u have the requirements, u can change to any one of them. So at least ur not stuck when u find out the Expert Class u picked doesn't suit ur playing style.

GunTecher comes close to having the best of both worlds. Good levels on bullets and techniques, and you can dual-wield all manner of awesome guns and wands.

Beast WarTechers seem like an easy choice... high ATP, and the option of using spells that hit regardless of bad ATA and enemies with high defense stats. For Newmans it's probably nice to be that much tougher and able to do your own crowd-control against mobs with a powerful Twin Saber photon art.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

I hear that i am finding that at the least with the Wartecher class i get my favorite wepons claws both types ,and as im not a big swordd fan and prefer the spear im content with the selection i have.As for lack of spells at once well with the limited elemental types and smaller mobs in psu i find myself just useing two elements a lvl anyway.Also since wartechers have no rods i have grown used to this already and have found the best way to balance that is rely less on tech tagging(mainly cause you can only hit 3 enemys no matte what anyway)and use the bows to balance it all out i have 2 bows always on me.Once you find your niche it will likely work out for you but it may take a bit so dont just give up try it out and then switch classes later if you want,thats what PSU imo is all about finding YOUR place and what your comfortable with.
    -=Role Players Union=-If your into rp light heavy or otherwise please join up

I wasn't aware that there was an actual cap on how many Photon Arts you can learn (it's probably right on the screen and I just look right past it...), but if there is one, it certainly makes you have to plan out your character more than I had been.

As a female newman I can honestly care less about the hunter/ranger hybrid crap, there is just no point of going for those two classes as my atk power sucks. Those two classes are useless, and have no intention to waste my time leveling them. I'm going staight for level 30 techs. It's not like sega actually cares about making race exclusive weapons that's really worth going for other classes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2006-11-06 16:42 ]</font>
    My wanted games of 2013:
    Ducktales(PS3), Ys Celceta(Vita), Beyond: Two Souls(PS3), Legend of Heroes:Sen no Kiseki (PS3, JP version)