Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This topic fails and is pointless. None of you except for some (Allieurs and Out_Kast) know what they are talking about. And you are going to complain about something, why bother making one? Should belong in the Rants section.

Anyway, Charge Vulcans are only good if they have 50% hit on it. Charge special allows double the damage at the cost of 200 mesetas. Charge Vulcans can hit a max of 6 times with one attack. Assuming all of them hit, that is basically:

Base damage for normal attack*12'

At a high level, it is godly on Ultimate for a hunter where they can do high 200 damage on a normal attack PER hit (meaning 1200 damage in all if all hit). Thus if they use the Charge special instead, they will do 2x the damage for each hit (assuming all hit, 400*6 = 2400 damage!) Thus the reason why everybody prefers them. Meseta is easy to get, and the waste for it of one attack is so few, you can get back the amount you lost in one run. It is basically a win-win situation.

There is one weapon which also has the Charge special called the Vjaya. It uses 10,000 meseta for 3x the normal damage. Incidentally, unless you are rich and high level, it isn't worth it. Vjaya is a partisan-style weapon where it only hits 3 times at max so it is a waste.

If you are lucky and don't have PSO Plus, you wouldn't have to face the wrath of Central Dome Fire Swirl, especially for a Force. Charge Vulcans here come in very handy. But if you don't, then congrats. Just saved yourself from an extremely hard quest for a Force. Personal preference, mind you that.

Uh maybe it's considered as some of the most powerful types of weapons in the game?

See, this is one of those stupid "flaming " threads.
    And I'll tell WHY you don't really care. BECAUSE YOU'RE A FORCE.
    Is it really hard to figure that one out?

If you're a hunter or ranger who wants to obliterate everything in your way, this is your weapon of choice.
    By level 120, I was able to dish out about 3000 dmg per combo. 320 give or take x 9.

Hmm, wonder why everyone enjoys using them so much.

On forces, even with Hit % the damage will still be very low and usually the forces base ATA leaves little to be jealous of, on a ranger, the ATA is far too high so they rarely miss and can create amazing amounts of damage as they have relatively high ATP, on a Hunter the ATA isn't as high as that of a ranger however the immense ATP they have would cause very high amounts of damage.

So in conlcusion in a team game, forces are very limited to their uses with Charge Mechguns, hunters and rangers are too powerful to use them and will alienate you from your team as you will kill everything before they get to tag them for EXP and create rifts in partys. So yes by all means use Charge Mechguns when soloing but keep them in the bank to avoid problems when multiplayer/onlining.

When on multiplayer with friends I use my normal Special Weapons, Spread Needle etc, but when Soloing its nice just to have something to test the limits of the damage your character can do.

They are easy to find and meseta is replenishable so many people use them, its all down to opinion, if some HUcast with high level shifta and charge mechguns came along and obliterated everything, this would take the FUN out of the game, and isn't that what it is all about in the end?

Sorry for long winded post but just wanted to inform people of my opinions, plus was bored and for some reason people feel very strongly about this topic lol.

I may be a force but mechgun-type weapons are in my top list. By the way, when I started this I wanted one, maybe two answers, idiots. If you're so against It, don't post on it.

I r i s - 13X -VaDewearl (3X)

On 2006-11-13 12:27, Nidramag wrote:
    I may be a force but mechgun-type weapons are in my top list. By the way, when I started this I wanted one, maybe two answers, idiots. If you're so against It, don't post on it.
    One or two answers? Wow, maybe you should state that fact instead of starting a WHOLE THREAD where anyone can post their opinion.

You didn't even state that mechguns were one of your fav. weapons.
    Don't call us idiots if you are one yourself. So many hypocrites, such a small amount of space to fit them all in.

...bitch...

I r i s - 13X -VaDewearl (3X)

That'll earn you a warning for flaming.

Don't expect others to know what you secretly are asking for in topic, but state it in your initial question.