View Poll Results: My wife was a diehard fan of PSO, and when she heard that PSU was coming to the 360 she went out and

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I have been harrased on PSU

33 37.50%
  • No, I haven't been harressed on PSU

28 31.82%
  • I am a guy, character is female and i am hit on!

27 30.68%
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast
    I want to cut my face off then throw it at you, th

Maybe, but wouldn't it feel odd if you were to be hit on by a guy? Because now your backside is being violated by guys who think you're a girl.

Not my problem. I'm not the one being disappointed. Heck, I get a kick out of it every time it happens. =P

Besides, online games are the WORST method of trying to hit on people. Anyone who hits on people online should not be taken seriously.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zato-2TWO on 2006-11-15 20:26 ]</font>

........err you should be.

*shrug* My online persona is not me, thus *I* specifically am not violated if such a thing should occur. Someone humping off to my character? Good for them, they get their spooge on, and I am in turn treated to the fact that someone appreciates my character's design.

Everyone wins. *slaps on a big OPTIMIST sticker*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zato-2TWO on 2006-11-15 20:29 ]</font>

Well all I have to say is it's exactly like cross-dressing. Both are horribly wrong.

Except, you know...it's the INTERNETS? I don't log onto PSU thinking "This character is just me! But online!", so I don't feel anything personal when things happen to my Cassy. In the case of cross-dressing, EVERYTHING's personal when you're wearing a pink tutu.

I like looking at girls on the internets. I will not deny that. Thus, in a game wherein I would be looking at the backside of a character for a large number of hours, I prefer the backside of an attractive female. Do I feel violated when someone finds my character attractive? Of course not, because at that moment they're thinking the exact same thoughts. Myself and my online character are DETACHED from one another.

Cross dressing is NOT within those lines of thinking, because you aren't exactly detached from that leather one-piece you're wearing. I'm sure there are people who enjoy looking at themselves dressed as females, but not me (and I'm not going to argue on the point of cross-dressers, because I know none personally). I'm not asking you to adhere to my standpoint on it, but just to respect the fact that there are people who make their online characters with that thought process in mind.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zato-2TWO on 2006-11-15 20:38 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zato-2TWO on 2006-11-15 20:39 ]</font>

Whatever man....Its not right and it'll never be right in my mind. Unless you did it to make the best possible character.

On 2006-11-15 20:16, Wackonus wrote:
    But we need to look at the big issue here.

Guys hitting on girls is right! Guys playing as girls is WRONG!!!
    "Eh, it's a game. Shrug it off. You really shouldn't be worrying about things like that in a video game, unless, of course, you're trying to hook up or something. But, meh', whatever floats your boat.

But, on the flipside, lighten up overall. Not really my sort of thing to force an opinion on someone else, but really, using the crossdressing reference in comparison to the guy/girl game character ordeal is just as pointless. They're just freaking pieces of cloth you adorn your body with. Wee. I mean, yeah, some people might get a little carried away with it, but, once again, whatever floats your boat.

Chillax, mkay?

Why would I use a game to meet people exactly?

But whatever I don't care. I just don't think its right.

Nah, I'm not one of those stat-crunching min-maxing guys. Sure I appreciate the high DEF, but I made a Cassy just because she looks nice. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, it's just like picking a female character in any other kind of game.