Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rare Spawns

I dont know about the rest of you guys, but Im sick of posts like this.

Someone claiming to know how to do something, but not revealing the info.

Example:
    "OMG! I know how a sure-fire way to find a (insert rare item/monster here)! It's so EASY! I cant believe it!"

My Response:
    "Why the heck didnt you post the info in your first post then?"

Now I suppose its possible he knows how to do what he says, but I aint buying it. Like segagameplay or whatever, posts some info (in this case NO info) with no proof (pictures, etc.) Someone get the shovel please! Dude, if this info is real you should post it up, if you dont, well... nothing I can do... except not believe any word that comes out of your mouth.

The monster spawns are completely rare, there is no way to force them to appear, and he is bullshitting.

There is your answer.

Ok it's not "making" them spawn, it's increasing your chances greatly. Sorry for misleading anyone.

Find a quest or section of a level that has 4+ of the common creature you want as a rare. Say you decide you want to find an Al Rappy, well, pick the Fake In Yellow quest, go the the last spawn of rappies(7 rappies lined up). Don't touch them, just pipe in and out of the level over and over until Al Rappy shows up.

Every time you go back into the level like this the creatures "re-spawn". Going up and down 10 times is like going through 70 spawns of rappies therefore increasing your chances of seeing the blue rappy by A LOT and FAST! I did this a bunch, sometimes I had to do it for 10 mins, sometimes 5, sometimes 30. There is no quicker way to find rare spawns! I killed quite a large amount of Al Rappies sadly they were only dropping junk =(

The others will probably take a little longer though, largest bunch of Poison Lilies I can find is 4.. I know there is somewhere with 6 or so, just cant find it. Anyone?

Oh and if you want HildeBlues, do the Native Research quest, the one with the baby Hildebear. Thats the quest that has the most Hildebears in it, that I can think of anyways.

Good luck!

Well I will say this was great in theory wasn't lying at all about the "re-spawn" totally works to make rares spawn, however I guess Sega saw this coming or something. I was trying this on Hard and all through the quest the items taht things drop and in boxes are things like Giga Frames and such, not the items you usually see in Hard. And the Al Rappies drop the same thing Soul Frames and Giga Frames. That does explain why he was getting crap from the Al's. Great strategy unfortunatly doesn't look like it helps a lot. This is just my testing maybe someone else will have more luck?

Just wondering, but do rares off rare spawns drop off in ANY level? Or just Hard or Very Hard?

It is almost impossible for a force to get into very hard offline, even past level 50.

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Selenae on 2001-03-08 00:53 ]</font>

I'm a force and I trip around VH Mode Offline alot I went in the Very Hard at level 48, now I'm level 75.

Best method to use is the hit and run tactic. Hit them with a gun, run in the door and make them go back to their stances. On bosses don't rely on your RESTA use Dimates to heal they're faster.

Its not that, I cant seem to survive those blue/white balls that Falz fires at ya when he's above you. (In his final form)

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Selenae on 2001-03-08 02:18 ]</font>

I wonder if this would work with a multiple of slime enemies.. Easy to get a lot of.. just use barta on them when they're still puddles..
    My friend got like 7 out at one time I wasn't too happy with that hehe

hehe, and as I call them.. the slime bunnies!

I wonder if you can make the Poully (sp?) Slime multiply to get many more rares (it's a thought),

Fought an Al-Rappy on Hard and got money, fought on V-Hard (not sure if it was the same char) and got a Flowen's Shield. No idea if the difficulty effects the loot too much, but section id seems to come into play, as a Redria supposedly finds lots of good armor.

The respawning trick could also be used with some versions of online mode runs through forest 2. I keep finding one room that wips out 5 - 6 rappies. Not as easy as going into offline fake in yellow (man i wish i could hop into there offline on v-hard, i haven't even decided to finish off normal offline yet with any of my lvl 40 guys... well. that's all of them anyway).

-Now if only my HUmar and RAmar would get their acts straight and get the right fields... grr.. wonder which one my force will end up with-