Ok, so i've just got this and have been messing around with offline, i haven't made an online character as of yet. My friend has it but can't go on yet so i was going to bide my time to make it more fun when we both start together. What i want to know is: Does anything you do in Story mode transfer over to Online? I'm not talking Extra mode either, cuz i haven't touched that either. Oh, and apologies if this has been raised already, i tried searching but couldn't find anything.

No, offline and online are completely seperate.
    Coming Soon!

Gives 1 EXP.

And in case you were wondering, the reason why offline and online are separate is for at least a few reasons, most notably being that:

a) the items, stats, pretty much everything is different offline from online. Money's about 1000 times easier to get, too.

b) If you could transfer anything from your drive to the online mode, then hacking becomes much easier. All online info is stored server-side now.

Yeah the thing which i didn't like about PSO was the fact it wasn't server side, i used to hate the amount of hacked stuff there was. The only thing i thought could possibly be transfered would be type levels, and even then i was dubious. Thats cool though, now i just need to figure out which race to be when i go online!

Thanks guys!