Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fighgunners!

I'm a Fighgunner and I use the crap out of twin guns. I almost always have two mapped on the pallete and one spare to switch when they run out. At lvl 58 or 59 I finally broke down and got a Bone Dance. But for real twin guns are the way to go. I'm even shooting for Guntecher on my alt to be able to use S rank twins.

Unless virus is special (it might be?) SE2 does not stick on tengohgs.

Poison is not virus. Virus is like a big black/blue blob on the monster. Poison looks purple. Figunners cannot use virus.

I am basing trap level based on DoT. On Onma S Tengohgs burn G traps do just over a thousand. Virus always does DoT of 5% regardless of level (from watching fortegunners virus tengohgs). So compare damage numbers and it looks like when my figunner uses Burn G, it is 4% damage, with my poison half that at 2%.

Although I haven't paid much attention, I believe protransers get SE 4 G traps? Perhaps one can tell me if they do Burn G on Onma S tengohgs for the same damage as their Virus G.

I know there are prolly hundreds out there who use the title to its fullest but im just saying the ppl you all talk about want it for show...but i know i cant talk much more because i havent played the game until i play it and see for myself and make a judgement call then i can make a valid point.

I think that was true a long time ago, I recall putting out Fire with Poison. Now it seems like the current SE wins over any new ones, so it's whoever statuses the monster first. I do hate having a monster freeze on me when I'm trying to land Burn.

If FiGunner and ForteFighter both got doublesaber, FiGunner would be no more popular than Protranser used to be. Second-best DPS is still second best. You'd have all kinds of people shouting at you to be one forte or the other.

Why did people stop griping about PT by the way?

EDIT: I think SE4 burn from my bow hits Tengougs for the same damage as my Virus G traps. All I remember seeing are DOT's ticking for 1300-ish.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-01-10 12:15 ]</font>
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

Double Saber properties:
    - average aspd (slightly slower than twin sabers maybe)
    - 6 hits in a combo
    - hits in a crazy radius of clearly over 180 degrees in front of you. Meaning you can stand inbetween 2 monsters left and right, and still hit them.
    - hits up to 4 monsters at once

The best way you can compare the double saber with other weapons is that of a cross between the twin saber and sword.

An 8* Double Saber has an ATP of 310 and ATA of 103
    An 8* Twin Saber has an ATP of 312 and ATA of 245

Similar ATP, and almost the same attack speed. 6 hit combos on each. Double saber clearly lacks in ATA. A twin saber can only hit 1 monster at a time though unless you PA. A double saber can hit up to 4 monsters at a time without needing to PA.

Have you tried hitting 2 monsters at once with a spear? Sure you can do it sometimes if you take the time to line up and push monsters close together. Nailing 2 ollakas at once is pretty tricky. What about a slow swinging sword? Unless it's a pack of 5-6 raptors you won't be hitting 3 consistently, let alone barely averaging 2 on most monsters. The Double Saber makes it so you will average at LEAST 2 hits at once because of the 180+ attack radius.

Of course if there's no huge group of monsters, or if they are all spread out, there are better weapons to use besides the Double Saber. But when they are grouped together or lined up, nothing more satisfying than hitting 4 monsters at once without costing any PP.

Maybe they partied with ya Panzer

Uh... I beg to differ... My Sprial Dance is at Lv 30 and it rocks. Gravity Dance (I believe) is for single handed sabers. Tornado Dance is likely the best PA for DoubleSabers at least offline it was very quick and easy to control on Boss fights.

Back on topic... I currently us Autoguns and have Ice at 20, Gravity at 14, Burn at 11 and Lightning at 11. I use them all the time. I would use guns more frequently if I could get my hands on A rank. I'm synthing a Beamguc now but at a 25% success rate I doubt I'll have one soon. (

As for Mechs. and rifles... I didn't care for them on PSO (DC and Xbox) and have let my bias carry over to the 360 version. After reading some of the success stories here I may give them a wurl.

On 2007-01-10 11:33, Pengfishh wrote:
    Spiral Dance does not level up! Gravity Dance is out tomorrow, I'm passing on Spiral Dance, damnit. And of course you have more bullets than skills! There are more available, four for each gun, so if you use Twinnies, Singles, and Mechs and bought each element for them, you've got the same number as every melee weapon's skills.

You're too kind, base. :]

I find I'm usually catching two or three targets at a time with sword... the reach is just so big that it's sort of hard not to. Sword doesn't handle well for the normal attacks, but well timed Tornado Break attacks make up for everything that's wrong with it.

From how damage goes between my Knuckles and Sword, I'd expect that sword and double saber would work out to the same damage per combo on each target. It's up to the user to choose between Sword's reach to hit more monsters or Double Saber's faster combos and extra target against tightly-packed mobs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-01-10 12:49 ]</font>
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

Donkey Show Coordinator

On 2007-01-10 12:26, Bookmandude wrote:
    Uh... I beg to differ... My Sprial Dance is at Lv 30 and it rocks. Gravity Dance (I believe) is for single handed sabers. Tornado Dance is likely the best PA for DoubleSabers at least offline it was very quick and easy to control on Boss fights.

Back on topic... I currently us Autoguns and have Ice at 20, Gravity at 14, Burn at 11 and Lightning at 11. I use them all the time. I would use guns more frequently if I could get my hands on A rank. I'm synthing a Beamguc now but at a 25% success rate I doubt I'll have one soon. (

As for Mechs. and rifles... I didn't care for them on PSO (DC and Xbox) and have let my bias carry over to the 360 version. After reading some of the success stories here I may give them a wurl.

On 2007-01-10 11:33, Pengfishh wrote:
    Spiral Dance does not level up! Gravity Dance is out tomorrow, I'm passing on Spiral Dance, damnit. And of course you have more bullets than skills! There are more available, four for each gun, so if you use Twinnies, Singles, and Mechs and bought each element for them, you've got the same number as every melee weapon's skills.
    No Gravity Dance is for Double Sabers. Single Saber gets Grvity Strike.

On 2007-01-10 12:20, Reiichi wrote:
    - hits up to 4 monsters at once
    Maybe I'm just too stoned when I play, but I'm pretty sure I've hit up to five monsters at a time. If you look up my earlier post, it should be a 270 degree arc that you hit in. Garnet Moon posted this info in an earlier thread I think.

An 8* Double Saber has an ATP of 310 and ATA of 103
    An 8* Twin Saber has an ATP of 312 and ATA of 245
    Wow, I wonder if that is accurate... my twin sabers seem to do more damage than my double sabers by a decent margin... more than a 2 atp difference would suggest. Oh well ;-p