Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Rather than starting a new nooby topic, I thought I'd ask in here - How?! I Was under the impression, that, with all the character data stored online, it'd be impossible to cheat without hacking sega's servers directly. what happened

See parable apple (I think I saw you earlier!) not EVERYTHING is saved server-side.

Several VERY important values are not: Meseta and apparently character ID number. -_-

Server-side saving has its downsides; it makes the game run slower for all of the server-side transactions, it...

Well, that's about the only downside, and unfortunately ST thought that it was a big enough downside that they (like idiots!) didn't make it server-side only.

So therefore, anyone with a proper program can mess with the values. <_<

ST and GG ARE keeping up, however; thanks to the way that cheat programs are spread by the retards in charge of the various cheating groups (to anyone that wants them, basically) GG can pick up quick on how they work and then fix 'em.

I get the feeling, just from all the activity in the last week, that ST is SCREAMING at Gameguard to do SOMETHING.

I reiterate, however: why gameguard? -_-

Actually, I should amend that: A cheating program can edit ANYTHING; however, these items will only last until the next time that the server checks what your character has against what the SERVER says he should have. There are several exploits already growing around even those limitations; fortunately, weapons, armor, and units remain unclonable.

Boards, however, are not.

SO WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T SELL RARE BOARDS!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: imfanboy on 2007-01-11 17:12 ]</font>

Not all hacking is character data hacking. Character data hacking is indeed blocked by server-side saving. However, sending engineered messages to the server is also hacking, and it has little to do with where character data is stored.
    The game isn't just character data, it's also movement, hitting, or more in general, interaction with the world the character runs through. The only way to keep hacking out of that is to run the entire game, including the controls, on the server. Tiny, but nasty detail: Players can't play that way....

Hacking gone?

People can still open PSU without GG on. Isn't there a way that ST can figure out if someone logs in without gamegaurd and kick them off quickly, not like ten minutes AFTER they make their meseta?

Fixed? NOthing is fixed. It's time to jump ship. Sega are complete morons. What cut the cake for me? There is this new way to lvl your PAs to 30 extremely quick. Without effort. What fun ,I'll grind my time out while others accomplish what I've wasted so much of my time to do in mere seconds. That's getting my money's worth. Sega are pieces of junk for not addressing issues that lead especially to this..

Elitist hybrid. Merged classes can be pricks too!

Are you talking about buffs?

Because if so, who cares?

Or are you talking about levelling ranger PAs by continually shooting resta spamming vahras?

Because if so, who cares?

Shimarisu any PA. ANY PA.

"Or are you talking about levelling ranger PAs by continually shooting resta spamming vahras? "

..You do not get what I posted. You should have read over my post again thoroughly before posting. This is a method of simply using a CE. The result? lvl 30 PAs quick. If your monitoring the lil' cheat sites and think you know of the most common things which can be done your wrong. I mean no offense by the way. Just saying it's really annoying to pay a company who does nothing,especially for an issue like this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kaidenx on 2007-01-14 09:07 ]</font>