ugg....i won't get internet till WAY later, so i was wondering if playing this online was worth the effort of me buying it 2 days ago....and i haven't even played it yet, becuase my dad had to buy a dvd port cd put into thing for my computer....not till tomarrow will i be able to play it T.T but anyway, extra mode is EXACTLY like online mode, exept for the lonlyness and the weakness of monsters??

Well online players get more weapons, photon arts, clothes and so on and so forth. Plus you need to beat up through Chapter 4 in story mode to unlock Extra Mode. Offline players get the ability to use S rank weapons right off the bat.

Extra mode is nothing like online mode. Extra mode is story mode without the story, not online without the online

On 2007-01-23 20:16, Ether wrote:
    Extra mode is nothing like online mode. Extra mode is story mode without the story, not online without the online
    Well... that's what I was trying to say (I think)

Extra mode is pretty lame compared to online. I have a 100/10, 32, and 25 offline, and it sure isn't worth it >.<

The hackers came up with some cool stuff though, to make it more online-ish... so kudos to them for making something worth while (no flames please, you know EM needed it).

Trust me, online mode is worth it. Online offers way more than Story & Extra Mode. Not to say those modes are bad, it just adds to what is already offered. If anything, its a good chance to get to know the game & how to raise characters. That way, when you do get online, youre starting out with prior knowledge.

Oh & Dante, I wouldnt say 'right off the bat'. How many low level characters you know can afford 500,000+ meseta per S Rank weapon? LOL

On 2007-01-24 08:55, OdinTyler wrote:
    Trust me, online mode is worth it. Online offers way more than Story & Extra Mode. Not to say those modes are bad, it just adds to what is already offered. If anything, its a good chance to get to know the game & how to raise characters. That way, when you do get online, youre starting out with prior knowledge.

Oh & Dante, I wouldnt say 'right off the bat'. How many low level characters you know can afford 500,000+ meseta per S Rank weapon? LOL
    Ok so maybe that's an exaggeration, but I mean online you guys only can use up to A rank weapons.